时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲


英语课

   For a lot of people, the distance between their dreams and their reality is intimidating 1


  在很多人看来 梦想和现实之间的差距太吓人
  and they get stuck they get paralyzed 2
  他们因此变得无力 不敢往前
  just like I was in that marathon 3
  就像我在马拉松中的情况那样
  and the only way forward
  前进的唯一办法
  is to be real about what it's going to take for you to achieve those dreams
  是坦诚面对实现那些梦想所需要的东西
  You have to be honest with yourself
  你需要对自己诚实
  You have to tell yourself the truth
  你需要告诉自己真相
  You have to tell yourself the truth of what is going to take for you to be successful
  你需要坦诚地告诉自己 需要什么才能成功
  It doesn't come easy
  这并不容易
  You will have to go out and get it
  你需要努力争取
  Nobody's going to give you none. There's no rescue team coming
  没人会给你现成的成功
  no National Guard, no aide coming, nothing
  不会有救援队来救你
  You'll have to go out and get it
  你需要自己去争取
  And the only way forward is to decide you want that dream
  唯一向前的动力就是 你想实现那个梦想
  The only way forward is to decide you want that dream so bad
  唯一向前的动力就是 你如此希望实现那个梦想
  that you are going to work harder
  这让你更勤劳
  you are going to get up earlier, you are going to stay later
  更早起床 睡得更晚
  you are going to push past the people who doubted you and laughed at you and hated on you
  你会从那些质疑你 嘲笑你 憎恶你的人身边挤过去
  That's what I want for you, class of 2014
  这就是我对你们的希望 2014届毕业生
  I want you to be fearless, I want you to be decisive 4
  我希望你们无所畏惧 我希望你们勇敢决断
  I want you to make a decision right now that when you fail
  我希望你们现在就能下定决心 在失败时
  and you fall to your knees, I want you to remember the power of you
  在双膝落地时 我希望你们能够记起自己有多强大
  and I want you to get back up on your feet
  我希望你们能够重新站起来
  Make a decision today that when you're in the darkness
  今天就下定决心 当你处于黑暗之中时
  you'll remember the power of you
  要记得自己有多强大
  You are your own light
  你们将是自己的光明
  I want you to remember
  我希望你们记住
  not only are your mother's, your father's, your sister's, your brother's
  你们有父母 兄弟姐妹
  your aunt's and uncle's, cousin's
  姑姨叔舅 表堂兄弟姐妹
  they're all in the back, I see you all back there and the sides
  我看到他们坐在后排和两侧
  That's your family. They got your back
  这些是你的家人 他们会支持你
  So there's your bison family
  此外 你还有霍华德的大家庭
  We are powerful
  我们很强大
  You are powerful
  你们很强大
  I can't wait to live in a world that y'all are about to create
  我等不及想看你们将会创造出的世界了

vt.恐吓,威胁( intimidate的现在分词)
  • They were accused of intimidating people into voting for them. 他们被控胁迫选民投他们的票。
  • This kind of questioning can be very intimidating to children. 这种问话的方式可能让孩子们非常害怕。
adj.瘫痪的
  • He is paralyzed as the result of a would-be assassin's bullet years ago. 几年前有人对他行刺未遂,但子弹使他瘫痪了。
  • But the very imminence of the emergency paralyzed his invention. Good! 常言说得好,急中生智,可汤姆这回却束手无策,对,就这么办。
n.长距离赛跑;需要耐力的比赛;(M-)马拉松
  • I'm hoping to be in the marathon next year.我希望明年能参加马拉松赛。
  • The meeting was a bit of a marathon.这次会议有点马拉松赛的味道。
adj.决定性的,坚定的,果断的,决断的
  • A decisive person acts quickly and often succeeds.果断的人行动迅速,常常成功。
  • Man is a decisive factor in doing everything.人是做每件事情的决定性因素。
标签: 演讲