Only thing moving out here is this swing on the front porch And the sun's beating down heatin' up this house like blow torch Sitting here singing Dixie with a whistle Man, it's hotter than a two-dollar pistol Baby, I know that it's only 11:30 But sur

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

音乐录像带讲述了一段禁忌之恋,同性爱人被教徒迫害,而男主束手无策,信仰因此动摇,空留绝望和无奈,此歌暗讽俄罗斯荒谬的反同法案。歌曲曾在2014年维多利亚的秘密上表演。该歌曲同

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2015 MTV 音乐录影带

A: May I order some cable from you today? B: Okay, what package would you like to order? A: I'm not sure of what packages you offer. B: We offer packages with all the movie channels. A: Are there any other packages? B: We also have packages with all

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

A: I would like to order cable. B: Sure, what package do you want? A: What kinds of packages do you offer? B: We have all kinds of movie channel packages. A: What else do you have? B: There is a package for all sports channels. A: Do you have a packa

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

Every culture has its own superstitions1, which are about mysterious events and powers that cannot be seen. Luck and omens2 are the most common superstitions. These beliefs were formed because people didn't have modern science to understand the world

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Todd: Oh, hey, Keri! You cook, right! You're a pretty good cook. Keri: I'm OK. Todd: OK. I want to make an omelet, so actually this is really silly, I've never made one before. How do you make an omelet? Keri: OK, Well, I can teach you how I make the

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A: Have you ever been shopping at Whole Foods? B: No, I haven't. Is the food good there? A: They have the freshest foods there. B: I usually shop at Vons. A: I used to shop there, but I find the food at Whole Foods to be a lot better. B: What's the p

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: Can you help me figure out how to transfer the title of the car I wish to buy so it will be registered in my name? B: You can go to the DMV website for information or, if you are a member of the Automobile Club, they can be very helpful. A: Can yo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

A: I don't really know all that much about the paperwork involved in buying a used car. B: If you are a member of the Automobile Club, they can help guide you through the process, or just go to the DMV website. A: What is the big picture of what I wi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

Cars (Movie) In 'Cars,' a Walt Disney presentation of a Pixar film, hot-shot race car Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) is leading a dream life -- or so he thinks -- when he goes astray on Route 66. Stumbling upon a sleepy town unconcerned with fame a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

Barnyard (Movie) Down on the farm, the farmer thinks he's in charge, keeping all the animals safe and sound. But when the farmer is out of sight, the lookout sheep shouts Clear! and all of the barnyard animals spring up on two legs, walk, talk, watc

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

Some people stood on the small pier. They saw a boat approach. The boat was approaching fast. The boat was approaching the small pier. Was the boat going to stop? People started running. They started running off the pier. They were worried. They were

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最伟大的演讲

unit01 The Weight of Paper纸的分量 The arrival of computer everywhere in the workplace would, some technological forecasters predicted, soon make paper a thing of the past. And guess what? Bill Gates vision of a computer on every desk has been mo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 午后咖啡

The Cobbler and the banker La Fontaine/拉.封丹 皮匠和银行家 A cobbler passed his time in singing from morning till night;it was wonderful to see,wonderful to hear him;he was more contented in

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最美丽的英文-人生短篇

THIS IS AMERICA - Writers and the Immigrant Experience: Middle East, Europe and Africa By Doreen Baingana Broadcast: Monday, January 17, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA, in VOA Spec

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

IN THE NEWS - What World Leaders Said at the UN 新闻报道 - 世界各国领导人在联大发言 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 World leaders spoke this week at the United Nations Gener

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Broadcast: Jan 10, 2003 While President Bush is promoting tax cuts to stimulate the economy, some state officials are considering tax hikes to fix their budget problems. California's governor, faced w

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-商业论坛

There was a dense forest on the sides of a mountain. Many kinds of animals lived in the forest. A deer was eating grass and leaves with her two young ones. The young ones wandered happily here and there. The deer followed her fawns. The young ones en

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My disposition permeates The room when I walk in a place I'm sorry! By calculation I'm way too much Pretentiously I bitch a bunch But you bought it! I can't exceed my reputation A small town girl with compensation Explorin' all my possibilities Well

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

A: Do you know where you want to transfer to? B: I dont have the slightest clue. A: What school would you like to go to? B: Im not sure. A: You honestly have no idea? B: PCC is perfectly fine for me. A: You might as well stay here. B: Thats not a bad

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话