My lover's got humor 我的爱人虽然幽默 She's the giggle at a funeral 可你却在他的葬礼上咯咯发笑 Knows everybody's disapproval 我知道世人皆不容我 I should've worshiped her sooner 我应该对你俯首朝拜 If the Heavens

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN Mr. Rochesters Story Sometime in the afternoon I woke up from a long sleep. I felt weak when I stood up, because I had not eaten anything all day. When I opened my bedroom door, I saw Mr. Rochester. He was sitting in a chair outside

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 简爱

IN THE NEWS - After Elections, What Now for Congo? 新闻报道 - 刚果(金)选举后前景如何? This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 This week, people in the Democratic Republic of Con

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

A: Would you like to order anything else? B: No, I'm good. All we need now is our check. A: Our waitress has been kind of scarce tonight, hasn't she? B: I think that is our waitress is over by the bar. Boy, the service has not been good this evening.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

A: Could we borrow the company van for a fundraiser this weekend? B: That would be a possibility. Where is this fundraiser taking place? A: It is in the hotel ballroom down the street. B: Do you need it for the whole weekend? A: We will need it for b

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: Let's go and get something from the cafeteria. B: What are you going to get? A: I think I just want some chips. B: I want to get a snack too. A: What are you getting? B: I have a taste for candy. A: What kind are you going to get? B: Chocolate sou

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: I am absolutely famished. B: Yeah. I am too. A: Where did you want to go for lunch? B: I was thinking we should just go to the cafeteria. A: I don't think I ever got food from the cafeteria. B: I actually like the food there. A: Does the cafeteria

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: Hi Linda, this is Todd. B: Todd, good to hear from you! A: I just wanted to tell you what a great time I had with you at the movies last week. B: Me too, Todd! Thanks for suggesting that great movie. A: I also enjoyed it and was wondering if you w

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-约会

BBC Learning English London Life Afternoon tea at the Ritz Anna:Hello, I'm Anna Jones and this is London Life.And in todays programme were looking at a very English custom. What do you think this woman is describing? I think the whole art of tea-tak

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

Leadership is a word we here a lot nowadays. Every time we turn on the news we hear about how important leadership is. Especially strong leadership. American presidents often talk about the importance of leadership. I suppose theyre right. Its import

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

International Beer Day is a celebration of one of the worlds best-loved drinks. People in almost every country drink beer. Many beer-drinking countries say their countrys beer is the best. The International Beer Day website says the day was created s

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

World Teachers Day is on October the 5th every year. It is a very special day and every student should make a note of it in his or her diary. And then they should put it on their calendar, computer and iPhone. It celebrates some of the worlds most im

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

AA: I'm Avi Arditti, and this week on WORDMASTER: an update on an Iranian listener. Rosanne Skirble and I spoke to her by phone early in 2005. RS: Well, what do you like about studying English? What is it, is it a ... ATEFEH: Oh, no, actually I love

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Hello, and welcome to Legal Lads Quick and Dirty Tips for a More Lawful Life. Im your host, Adam Freedman. But first, your daily dose of legalese: This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, althoug

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Hertz is the world's leading vehicle renting organization. It operates from approximately 7,700 locations in 145 countries worldwide. It is the largest general use car rental brand in the world and is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: November 14, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we report about two scientists, J. Robert Oppenheimer and Enrico Fermi, who helped l

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Photographer Margaret Bourke-White Helped Create the Modern Art of Photojournalism Written by Shelley Gollust (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we complete our repo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Andrew was in the third grade. He loved his teacher. His teacher was young. She was pretty. She was friendly. She helped Andrew add numbers. She helped Andrew draw dogs and cats. She helped Andrew learn to spell. Andrew gave his teacher an apple one

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Jim had two separate sheets of paper. He wanted to put the two sheets of paper together. He did not want to glue them together. He did not want to use glue. He did not want to staple them together. He did not want to use a staple. What did Jim want t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is part II of the series on numbers: percentages and decimal points. Percent Versus Percentage First let's get our terminology right. In some cases percent and percentage can be interchangeable (1), but the easiest wa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl