Lesson 9 Royal espionage 王室谍报活动 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What important thing did King Alfred learn when he penetrated the Danish camp of Guthrum? Alfred the Great acted h

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(876) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

Over the years, some friends come and go, but others last a lifetime. This week at Culips, were talking about friends. First, we talk about childhood friendships and what that can be like, and we also talk about making friends as an adult, which can

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Do you wish that everything could be easy? In this episode, we talk about expressions to describe something that is easy and simple. You can use these expressions to talk about a test or even just finding your way to a new destination. After listenin

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

The ancestry of the piano can be traced to the early keyboard instruments of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries --- the spinet, the dulcimer, and the virginal. In the seventeenth century the organ,

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

今天来话匣子英语做客的嘉宾是罗伯托 Roberto: Well, hello everybody. My name is Roberto, otherwise known as the Vegan Yoga Dude. I guess I could tell you a bit about my recent life. My recent I have no idea what to say. Where are we go

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

哈皮和安德鲁今天讨论的话题是素食主义者,一般餐厅都会为素食主义者提供特别的饭菜.... Harp: Basically a vegetarian is someone who doesnt eat meat. Andrew: Thats right. They dont eat meat. Theyre open to eating othe

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

这两期的节目主要是采访亚力克斯,听她讲述她的精彩人生以及有趣的冒险故事,亚力克斯的英语非常好,但其实英语只是她的第二外语,她又是如何做到的呢? Aleksandra: It was a road trip and a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

安德鲁最近得到了一份可以和广大青少年接触的工作,从他们那里,安德鲁学习到了很多新的词汇和俚语,来看看都有什么吧 Andrew: Harp, whats new with you? Harp: Not much. It was a pretty boring day. How ab

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

安德鲁和哈皮今天讨论的话题是潮流和趋势,来看看这两者有什么区别吧 Andrew: Well, today we are going to do a Chatterbox episode. And a Chatterbox episode is where we discuss a topic and just have a cool discussion about t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

什么是试水,我们理解这个俚语的意思不能单独从字面去理解,它还可以表示下决定前的询问等等....... Andrew: So, our first expression is to test the waters. Harp: Yes. To test the waters. Andrew: Mmhmm. Plural, rig

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Andrew: That is right. So, when we last left you, I was talking about playing with my band in Saskatchewan. Harp: Yes, exactly. Where did you go after that? Andrew: After Saskatchewan, we went to the next province westward, which is Alberta, and we p

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

安德鲁和哈皮今天讨论的是开车的技术...... Harp: Im a pretty safe, cautious driver. I have to be honest though, I think that during my drivers test is the only time that I successfully parallel parked. Andrew: Me too! Thats so funny. I

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

这期节目是安德鲁和哈皮两个人主持的,哈皮来过香港旅行,他很喜欢香港... Andrew: Yeah. No doubt. And what place did you like the best out of all the cities you visited? Harp: I would have to say that Hong Kong was my fav

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

哈皮和安德鲁今天讨论的主题是,手机已经被广泛应用开来,第一代手机还是很大的那种,现如今每人一部手机,那到底手机是方便了人们的沟通还是阻碍了人们的沟通呢? Harp: Dont depress me

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

061 The Swans' Nest A long long time ago, there were swans. The swans flew to the plains. They were called 'Lombard'. Another group of swans flew to Byzantium, and they flocked to the Emperor's crown to protect it. The swans were just like a shield t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

Before we had e-mail, the popular way to exchange written messages was by sending letters through snail mail. Canadas postal service recently went through a period when they werent delivering mail, which inspired us to create this episode. We talk ab

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Some people are able to control others. This could happen because one person really likes another person, because they want to make a good impression, or because they have been manipulated by the other person. When one person is under another persons

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Here, indeed, is the true lover, said the nightingale. What I sing of, he suffers: what is joy to me, to him is pain. Surely love is a wonderful thing. It is more precious than emeralds , and dearer than fine opals . Pearls and pomegranates cannot bu

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

介绍: Don't give up the day job! 浪别人时间了。 认为对方做某事不在行 A: Hey. What do think of my acting? Im gonna be a famous actor. 嘿,你觉得我演技咋样?我会成为一个明星! B: Well, dont give up the day job! 额

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

The Good Kind The Wreckers by Michelle Branch Jessica Harp Do you wanna run away together? I would say it was your best line ever Too bad i fell for it And i walked alone Waiting for you to come along Take my tortured heart by the hand And write me o

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲