In this Moment of Science Don and Yael discuss a scientific way to choose the perfect date movie. Don: Okay, Yael, if you were me, would you take your date to a violent action flick or a romantic movie? Yael: A romance, of course. D: Well, there migh

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

A half hour later, the popcorn the Aldens made was still selling well. So well, in fact, that they were running out of containers to serve it in. Violet looked at the crowd in the snack bar and began to worry. Shouldnt Dan Brinker be here by now, Jes

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 116 The Ghost at the Drive-In

Uncle Flick, is there anything we can do to help out while were here? Henry asked. Besides fixing breakfast, I mean. They were eating breakfast with Uncle Flick in the kitchen of the Fletcher house. Grandfather had brought back muffins from a bakery

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 116 The Ghost at the Drive-In

Glossary abstain弃权(不投票) alleged(未经证实而)陈述的 argument论据evidence assume假想,假设soppose,persume backyard后院 ballot无记名投票制 breeding-ground某事物(通常指有害事物)的滋生地 burden负担

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 现代大学英语精读

MACER GIFFORD: I was sitting at my desk in London, in an ordinary job, working in the city, and every day I'd flick on my computer screen and see the most horrendous crimes being committed in the Middle East. And it stirred me into action. I first wa

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

New Comedy Must Love Dogs Features High-Tech Romance 新喜剧电影《征婚广告》演绎高科技浪漫爱情 (Movie Snippet) The 'personals ad' takes a new place of prominence in the modern Ameri

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--体育娱乐看台

Todd: So Mark, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Mark: I'm 31. Todd: 31. OK, and so you probably don't remember but like... I'm 37 and I remember watching television with no remote control. Like just the big square box you have to go up a

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: You may have heard that Hollywood's been having a sad summer. Even though Wonder Woman smashed records, so many other films fizzled that the box office totals are down nearly a billion dollars compared to last summer. In our fall m

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

4. off 1) 离开(indicating departure)blow ~ 吹掉 drive ~ 击退 get ~ 下车,动身lift ~ 离开地面 make ~ 逃走 move ~ 离去 pack ~ 打发走 see ~ 送行 ship ~ 运往 start ~ 动身 send

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

About a girl who sits on a wall, and thinking about what happened. She just caught her boyfriend cheating with her best girl friend, and as she thinks about this the girl friend comes to her to talk. Funny and sad story at the same time, humoristic d

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Dialogue 2 Xiao Gao: So? What did you think? Wasn't it fun watching these movies? 小高:怎么样,你觉得看这些电影有意思吗? Jingjing: Yeah, it was,but I'm not completely satisfied yet. 京晶:确实挺有意思的,但是我还意

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

I love this woman -- Anne Hathaway, we know played an overworked assistant to an overbearing boss in the Devil wears Prada. I love that. Fast forward about ten years, the new comedy The Intern and now ends the boss to none other than Robert De Niro.

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

Here. Perhaps your little birds will whisper the name of the man it belongs to. 拿去看罢,或许你的小小鸟也会告诉你这匕首的主人是谁。 Varys lifted the knife with exaggerated delicacy and ran a thumb along its edge. Blood well

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Ip Man 3, the third installment of the hit kung fu franchise based on the life of a martial arts master, has enjoyed massive success on its opening weekend in China. According to estimates from the Beijing-based box office monitor Ent Group, the figh

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

有些人期待看到她倒嗓,并等待着欣赏她倒嗓后的惊慌失措与落寞,有些人乐于见到她随时间推移容貌不再,身体变形,并从此无法抬头。touch my body要告诉人们的,除了她爱情观的改变,还有即使没有那些高音,没有那些繁复技巧,她仍然在流行工业之中拥有不能忽视的能量。

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

LOS ANGELES, April 15 (Xinhua) -- The Hunger Games managed to expand its box office lead in North America to fourth weekend, beating out a pair of new films with a considerable lead. The Lionsgate juggernaut is estimated to fetch 21.5 million U.S. do

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(259) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- Amour took home the best film and two other awards when critics from the National Society of Film Critics (NSFC) cast their votes during the 47th annual voting in New York on Saturday. The French-language drama, which

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(233) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Jane Austen Revised 简?奥斯汀改写本 What do you associate with Jane Austen? Genteel romance? Wry social comment? Blood-splattered bodices? If that seems inconsistent, you may need to flick through Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, a new version

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Daenerys 丹妮莉丝 The flies circled Khal Drogo slowly, their wings buzzing, a low thrum at the edge of hearing that filled Dany with dread. 成群苍蝇围绕着卓戈卡奥,缓缓打转,翅膀嗡嗡的声音在丹妮的听觉边际回环,令

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

I've had three kings to guest in my life, and queens as well, do you think I require lessons from the likes of you, Ryger? 莱格,我这辈子招待过三个国王,王后就不用提了,你觉得我还用你教我待客之道? Your mother was

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》