[00:01.45]The Most Historically Inaccurate Movies Ⅱ [00:04.39]Memoirs of a Geisha [00:07.72]The geisha coming-of-age, was really more of a makeover, [00:11.81]where she changed her hairstyle and clothes. [00:14.30]It didn't involve her getting inti

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(181) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

A: Their wedding was so beautiful. B: I agree completely. I hope that I have a wedding like that one day. A: How much do you reckon it cost to pull that wedding off? B: I think it cost them a lot of money. A: Do you hope to have a wedding as big as t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

A: Hey Joe, how have you been? B: I am doing well. How about you, Mary? A: I am doing OK, Joe. B: There is a new movie at the mall that I want to see. Want to go with me? A: I can't because I already promised my roommate that I would go shopping with

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-约会

Electricity is one of the most important inventions ever. It is the thing that powers the Earth. If there was no electricity, wed be back in the dark ages. Few people stop and think just how amazing electricity is. With the flick of a switch, you can

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-E

It was Monday morning, the last fall day of the Aldens visit. Tomorrow morning they would return to Greenfield. Since the Diamond Drive-in was closed on Mondays, they had the day all to themselves. Im going over to Dan Brinkers auto store this mornin

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 116 The Ghost at the Drive-In

Hello, Im Amber and this is bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today, we go back to the mid-1970s when punk rock and the British fashion designer Vivienne Westwood ruled the day! Punk was a popular style among young people and it involved shoc

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Part One 句型推荐 1. You look great today. 2. You're welcome. 3. I'm sorry, it was all my fault. 4. It doesn't matter. 5. May I help you? 6. Will you do me a favor? 7. You've been really helpf

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 4+1听力口语MP3

Electricity is one of the most important inventions ever. It is the thing that powers the Earth. If there was no electricity, wed be back in the dark ages. Few people stop and think just how amazing electricity is. With the flick of a switch, you can

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

每到暑期各大影院就会有各种大片上映,不仅是中国美国也是这样,我们看看今年都有哪些叫好卖座的电影,又有哪些无辜躺枪的电影吧! 变形金刚4 本节课的重点词汇: 1. John Pasden 潘吉 2. s

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Jack the Giant Slayer is a 2013 American fantasy adventure film based on the fairy tales, Jack the Giant Killer and Jack and the Beanstalk. The film stars Nicholas Hoult and Ewan McGregor. The film tells the story of Jack, a young farmhand who must r

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美电影简介

Hello to you, Im Creshon Saunders at the cnn.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at whats happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Its picture day for the world leaders and attendees of the APEC summit. In Peruvian fashion, leaders wore shirts given to them b

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(十一)月

Two New Films Examine Trauma of War 两部电影诊查战争伤痛 War, it has often been said, is hell. Less often noted are the ways that hell can continue for soldiers and civilians long after the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--体育娱乐看台

I got a faulty parachute I got a stranger's friend An exciting change in My butchers blend A symbol on the ceiling With the flick of a switch My new found hero In the enemy's ditching Well somebody's something was left in the room And man now that it

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

AS IT IS 2015-03-22 Digital or Print? How Do You Read Books? 数字还是印刷?你怎样读书? A South African technology expert says huge numbers of book readers in his country are using electronic reading devices. He says the rising popularity of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

When I flick on the lights there are pumpkin-sized rocks all over the floor, whole and halved, craggy on the outside and streaked with veins of metal inside. Ooh, look, Henry. Meteorites. Whats meteorites? Rocks that fall from outer space. He looks a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Angelina Jolie's directorial debut has reportedly come across a major road bump: She's been prohibited from filming in Bosnia. The movie is slated to tell the story of a couple who meet each other just as the Bosnian war begins in 1992 and has run in

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Michael 和李华刚吃完晚饭,两人正在讨论晚上去干什么。李华会学到两个常用语: to catch a flick 和to have no business doing something。 M: Dinner was okay. Did you like

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

LOS ANGELES, March 4 (Xinhua) -- Universal Studio's latest animated film The Lorax has opened atop the North America box office with multiple record-shattering achievements including the highest opening for the studio's animated flick. The film, prod

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(289) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Why do snakes have forked tongues? And why do they flick them? Is it because snakes are naturally deceitful, ready to whisper lies into passing ears? Actually, its to aid a snakes vomeronasal system-a sensory system in snakes that is akin to smell. S

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

In this Moment of Science Don and Yael discuss a scientific way to choose the perfect date movie. Don: Okay, Yael, if you were me, would you take your date to a violent action flick or a romantic movie? Yael: A romance, of course. D: Well, there migh

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16