Science and technology 科学技术 Reusable spacecraft 可重复使用的航天器 Jet-set rocket-man 乘喷气式火箭的乘客 A small British firm is working on a nifty new jet-rocket hybrid engine 英国一家小公司正在研发一款轻巧的新

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

今天我们要学的词是perk。 Perk, 是特权,好处的意思。Flying first class is just one of the perks enjoyed by many company CEOs, 坐飞机头等舱是很多公司总裁享受的特权之一。Having summer and winter breaks is a perk

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Business 商业报道 Golden parachutes 金色降落伞 Rip-cord economics 打开经济降落伞 Pay-offs for the boss need to be better designed 企业老板薪酬结构须改善 RICH rewards for departing bosses are not popular. 离职的老板还领

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

BUSINESS 商业报道 Steve Jobs resigns 斯蒂芬乔布斯辞职 The minister of magic steps down 魔法部长隐退 Can Silicon Valley's most disruptive firm prosper without its maker? 没有了创始人,硅谷曾经最混乱的公司会繁荣起来

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

In 1988, Kai-Fu Lee received his doctoral degree from Carnegie Mellon's School of Computer Science, where he accepted a position as an assistant professor. Fast-forward 20 years and Lee has returned to his alma mater as founding president of Google C

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd plans to bring forward the unveiling of its next Galaxy S smartphone to January in an attempt to compete better with rival Apple Inc's new iPhones, South Korea's Electronic Times reported on Tuesday, citing unnamed sources.

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- Chinese banks have extended more loans to small firms to ease their financial predicaments as the government tightens monetary supply, a banking regulator said Wednesday. Outstanding loans to small firms grew 26.6 percen

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

a totally separate subject 完全题外话 big mouth 大嘴巴 bouncy 活泼 call security 通知警卫 can-do 能人 close my account 注销银行卡 close-up 特写镜头 creep me out 雷死我了 cross that off my list 从单子上划掉 curling i

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Todd: So, you're in law school, Travis. Travis: Yes, I'm in law school. Todd: Normally, how do you get a job after you finish law school? Travis: Well, the law school that I'm at is considered to be a top-tier law school, and so my law school has a l

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

本期内容: EvenApplewillnotbeabletoexplainhowitsforthcomingiPhoneXcanspotsomeeffortstofoolitsfacialrecognitionsystem. ThefirmhasreleasedaguidetotheFaceIDsystem,whichexplainsthatitreliesontwotypesofneuralnetworks,oneofwhichhasbeenspecificallytrai

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

本期内容: In an email to drivers, Uber said adding tipping was the first announcement in its 180 days of change, a program that the company hopes will help it improve its relationship with drivers. Driver pressure will have played a significant

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

你自信满满的准备去参加一场大的工作面试。你已经为面试官可能会问到的问题准备了充分的答案。你的背包里装好了几份最新的简历。等等,你刚刚说的是背包?你真的打算背着背包去参加

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Chinese oil giant CNOOC have officially wrapped up the 15 billion US dollar takeover of Canadian oil and gas firm Nexen. This comes more than 7-months after the takeover was first announced. Nexen shareholders will receive 27.5 dollars per share in c

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Details about agents 代理细节 Frankly speaking, you're not the only one who applies for an agent for us in your country. 坦率地讲,你们不是唯一向我们申请在贵国做我们代理的公司, I'd like to know your advantages. 我想知

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

Make delivery 交货 How long does it usually take you to make delivery? 你们通常多久能交货? Delivery would be a month from receipt of your order. 收到你方信用证后一个月。 Could you effect shipment more promptly? 你们能否提前

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

模仿文本: So how can CEOs of multinational companies tackle such challenges afflicting the Indian market? With a population of more than 1.2 billion people, it is a mighty market indeed. But reports of slowing growth, corruption and political u

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

In English we have several names for the number zero (0). Sometimes we call it zero. Sometimes we call it nought. Sometimes we say O just like the letter O. James Bond was double o seven 007. In most cases, you can use any of these three zero, nought

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

IT WAS always going to be a hard act to follow. On October 4th Apple staged a press conference to launch its latest iPhone and other gadgets. Tim Cook, the computing giants new chief executive, and his colleagues did a perfectly competent job of pres

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

China central banks assurance of liquidity supply is easing tension across Asian markets today. Asian shares edged higher to reverse a four-day losing streak on Wednesday. Investors took comfort from the PBOCs vow to provide funds to institutions if

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年07月

说明结论不完美,可以有其他的方法 Finally, the argument fails to consider (有更好的办法实现目标). Perhaps by(办法一), or by (办法二), (对目标进行展望) In short, without weighing the suggestion against alternative

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文