Andrew Carnegie It is well that young men should begin at the beginning and occupy the most subordinate positions. Many of the leading businessmen of Pittsburgh had a serious responsibility thrust upon them at the very threshold of their career. They

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 王强英语美文

Kate: you're rather energentic today. What's going on? Isaac: nothing really. I think I've had a few too many coffees. K: free coffee is one of the perks at this place, isn't it? I: it's the only perk of this job! How's your day going? K: not that we

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

The News Corporation is not the only media conglomerate trying to buy a well-known financial news publisher. British news and financial information provider Reuters announced that Canada's Thomson Corporation has made a bid to buy them out. Thomson

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语基础

Topic 6. Should we help strangers? Helping strangers has always been considered a treasured virtue of human kind. Not only because we need help from others throughout our life but also because it brings us tremendous happiness. However some considere

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语六级作文

a great number of 许多,大量 center / centre 中心 different 不同的 firm 公司 have been there 去过那里 have been to 去过 receive 收到 receive... from 从 收到,收到

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 大学六级6000单词速记动画版

23.Yes? What can I do for you? 24.Gee, hello! Um, er.. do you like coffee? 25.What a strange question! I think you’d better come in. 26.Oh, thank you. 27.Well take your coat off. 28.Oh thank you. 29

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街高级英语

VI. Further Listening and Speaking Task1: How was the problem resolved ? Script The management of Mecon Insurance Corporation explained to angry emplyees that their opposition to a management buyout, or MBO, arose from a misunderstanding. The employe

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

then nestles in his neck. What she holds seems firm, healed. He raises his hands up as if to cup the quarter-moon. They removed both thumbs, Hana. See. They handcuffed me to the table legs. When they cut off my thumbs my hands slipped out of them wit

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

一个债券交易公司的911悲剧 On the morning of September 11, 2001, 658 people were working between the 101st and the 105th floor of the World Trade Center's North Tower. They were employees of Cantor Fitzgerald, a bond trading firm. When a hi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年9月

Thanks for joining us. Let's talk first about this controversy over when you left Bain Capital. I'll put one of the documents in question up on screen, their SEC filing stating that you were CEO at Bain Capital past 1999. When you say you left Bain t

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(七)月

Problems with samples A: John? Can you come over here for a second? B: Certainly, Mr. Emory. What can I do for you? A: I need you to take a look at these samples. I think there are a few problems. B: Sure. Let me look over them and Ill bring them bac

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

导购口语: I'm sorry. I'm afraid we can not exchange it for you. 对不起,恐怕不能给您换货。 I'm sorry. I'm afraid it can not be changed. 对不起,恐怕不能够给您换货。 We could take it back and deliver a new one. 我们可以

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

本期内容: UTubeclipsthatdepictdangerousoremotionallydistressingprankshavebeenbannedfromtheplatform.Themovecomesinresponsetoso-calledchallengesthathavesometimesresultedindeathorinjury.TheGoogle-ownedvideosharingsitesaidsuchmaterialhadnoplaceonUT

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

释义: get one's act together 打起精神 表示将 one's act 聚集到一块(get together),换句话说就是集中的意思。进一步可以理解为打起精神等,与 get a grip, get a life, get real 表示相同的意思。 例句: Get

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 外国人日常短语

本期内容: A multinational team of astronomers working at the European Southern Observatory in Chile discovered an Earth-sized planet in orbit around a star four light-years away. Proxima Centauri b is a bit bigger than Earth and orbits within i

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

本期内容: Shares in Allergan, a pharmaceutical firm with headquarters in Dublin, fell by 15% in response to suspicion that tax-avoidance legislation would scupper its planned $160 billion merger with Pfizer, an American drugmaker. The deal woul

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

本期内容: BHS,aheavilyindebtedBritishretailchain,wasexpectedtogointoadministrationtoday,risking11,000jobs.Thecompanyspensionschemehasa£571mdeficit,andmayneedtobebailedout.Pensionershavebeentoldtoexpectcuts.Criticssaythatthepreviousmanagements

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

模仿句子 The president of Myanmar, formerly Burma, released a video this week, telling his people why in November's election they should vote for his union solidarity in Development Party.

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Open-plan offices are particularly bad at providing an environment for calm, creative work, they argue. So library rules are imposed at Basecamp. 尤其是敞开式的办公室,更难为创造性工作提供一个安静的环境,他们争论到。因

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列