Good top stories from ABC news. Emergency crews say call conditions today will help them get on top of hot spots remaining on a fire in Victoria Surf coast that destroyed more than one hundred homes on Christmas day. Authorities say Noughtyet House i

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2015年

安藤忠雄,日本著名建筑师,从未受过正规科班教育,开创了一套独特、崭新的建筑风格,成为当今最为活跃、最具影响力的世界建筑大师之一。 Tadao Ando was born in 1941 in Osaka, Japan. He is a prol

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

今天我们要学的词是magnitude。 Magnitude, 意思是强度、规模。 An 8.8 magnitude earthquake struck central Chile early Saturday, 智利中部地区星期六早上发生八点八级地震。美国高尔夫球选手老虎.伍兹的母亲对

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

讲解文本: splendid 壮观的,豪华的,辉煌的,极好的 This city is famous for its splendid buildings. 这座城市以它壮观的建筑闻名。 The country has a long history and a splendid culture. 这个国家有着悠久的历史和

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Each day, millions of tonnes of rubble go by truck to Bottle Lake Forest in Christchurch. Demolition companies are working seven days a week to demolish buildings in the CBD after the earthquakes caused so much damage. Cranes, bulldozers, excavators,

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

陈太太委托物业代理李彼得帮她找出售办公物业的资料。这天李彼得带陈太太来看一个待售的写字间。陈太太对这个写字间很不满意,请代理再帮她找合适的处所。 A--Agent Peter Lee物业代理李彼

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Todd: So, I am here with Tarta and we are talking about the tsunami in Thailand and she helped people after the event. Can you talk about what it was like the few days after the tsunami hit? Tarta: Yes, right away from like from the tsunami hit, I we

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

雅思范文新建筑是否应延续传统风格 题目: Government should protect culture. Therefore, some people believe that new building should be built in traditional style. Do you agree or disagree? 范文: The culture of a country changes

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

冷艳无双:Annie Lennox - Dont Let It Bring You Down Annie Lennox是80年代红遍欧美乐坛的Eurythmics的女主唱,曾被评为乐坛一百位最伟大女性,Annie的造型一直相当惊艳,中性的装扮更加独具魅力。这首Do

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

1. Georgia's president says Russian troops have effectively cut the country in half. Troops have seized a strategic city that straddles the country's main east-west highway. Meantime, a State Department spokesman says the US wants to see the Russian

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(八)月

1.A US vessel seized by pirates off Somalia is now back in the hands of the crew after they retook control of the ship. But one person aboard the ship reached by satellite phone tells the AP the pirates are holding the captain hostage in a lifeboat.

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(四)月

This is AP news minute. 1. One person was killed and at least three hurt in a stabbing attack at a train station near Munich, Germany on Tuesday. The German man has been taken into custody. 2. People in several Middle West states are cleaning up from

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(五)月

This is AP news minute. 1. Canadian officials say cooler weather over the next few days could help firefighters battle the massive blaze in northern Alberta. One member of parliament says about 80% of the homes in the evacuated city Fort McMurray are

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(五)月

L:what do you mean? J:I mean look at all these magnificent tall buildings around us. L:yes, look over there. That's the Empire State Building. My book says it's 102 stories tall. J:it's quite famous but don't you think it looks a bit old-fashioned? L

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

In another major story today: An earthquake shook Central Mexico, knocking down buildings and killing at least 61 people. The quake measured 7.1 and was centered about 75 miles southeast of Mexico City. Richard Ensor is the Mexico City bureau chief f

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Feb 22nd 2011 is a day that no Christchurch person wants to remember but it is also a day that every Christchurch person feels they need to remember. That was the day when a 6.3 earthquake near the central city, caused many buildings to collapse. 18

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

It is one year since the 7.1 earthquake woke Christchurch people at 4.30am. Since that day, there have been three other big earthquakes which were much worse. Nobody died as a result of the earthquake on September 4th 2010. Many buildings were badly

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Lawyers for John Nickels spoke to the press today. 约翰尼克的律师今天发表声明 They say they're pleased the D.A. declined from the recent fire in to indict their client on charges stemming one of Nickel's buildings. 他们很高兴看到地

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Callum: Hello, Im Callum Robertson and this is Entertainment. The British sculptor Antony Gormley celebrates his 57th birthday this week. Hes a prolific and popular modern sculptor. One of his most well known pieces is the huge Angel of the North, an

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

I learned about the Haiti earthquake by Skype. 我是从Skype上知道海地地震的。 My wife sent me a message, Whoa, earthquake, and then disappeared for 25 minutes. 我妻子给我发了个消息,哇,地震了,然后就消失了25分钟。

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇