Architecture looks at the man-made living environment. Every great culture in the past had its own ideas of beauty expressed in art and architecture. When you look around at buildings, streets, squares and parks, you will find them designed, planned

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

So one contemporary equivalent of the Plaza Mayor in Salamanca is the Place de la Dfense in Paris, 说一个与萨拉曼卡的马约尔广场相较衡的现代广场,巴黎的协和广场, a windswept, glass-walled open space that office workers

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

Lesson 37 The Olympic Games 奥林匹克运动会 First listen and then answer the question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 When was the last time this country hosted the Olympic Games? The Olympic Games will be held in our country in four ye

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(254) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册

BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week on our program, we tell you about the Guadalupe Mountains National Park in Texas. We explain its place in the history of

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Of the chief group, the Administration Building was most important. 在主要的群落里,行政楼占据着非常重要的地位。 Besides living quarters for a number of the party, including Admiral Byrd, it contained a radio laboratory with ins

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材5

A Tired Little Worm 小虫子累了 A tired little worm went to sleep one day, 一天有只小虫子累了, In a soft little cradle of silken grey, 用灰色的软丝把自己围绕, And he said, as he snugly curled up in his nest, 舒服地蜷缩到

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

In every work that I create, I write messages with my style of Arabic calligraphy. 在我创作的每一样作品中,我都用阿拉伯的书法风格写要旨 I make sure those messages are relevant to the place where I am painting 我确保这些信

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlights Listener Mail program. Im Colin Lowther. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In todays

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

At the mall Jennifer: Wedding rings! Billy: Oh, no... Jennifer: Aren't they cool? I like the settings. Billy: Jen, is there someone you're not telling me about? Jennifer: No. I just like looking at wedding rings, OK? Billy: Women are such dreamers. J

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

The Pyramids in Cairo are my favourite buildings in the whole world. I knew all about them when I was very young. They have always fascinated me. They really are one of the worlds wonders. People still dont know how they were built. I think they are

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Being single has its advantages and disadvantages. I think its better to stay single when youre young. You need to live and have fun. You also need the freedom to do what you want, when you want. Being single in your twenties gives you lots of time t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Taking a Campus Tour Ji Won: Come on, Dad, the campus tour starts over there. The guide is ready to begin the walking tour. Guide: Welcome, prospective students and your parents. My name is Jaime and Ill be conducting your tour today. This tour will

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之旅行交通购物

You get a bill for your electricity, for your phone, for your Internet access. 你会收到电费、手机费和网费单。 You have to pay your bills. 你必须支付你的账单。 Well, you should pay your bills; maybe you don't. 那个,你应该

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

[00:00.00]How to Solve the Housing Problem in Big Citie [00:04.49]The housing problem in big cities has become more and more seriou [00:09.67]If asked which is a better solution to this problem,putting up more tall buildings or building underground h

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语六级听力练习集锦

Soldiers go to war. They fight the enemy. That is their job. Firemen go to fires. They rescue people in burning buildings. That is their job. Policemen go after dangerous criminals. They arrest dangerous criminals. That is their job. Phil was driving

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

He has a big window in his bedroom. His desk is in his bedroom. His desk is next to the big window. He sits at his desk. He looks east. He looks east toward the East River. The East River is about six blocks away. But he cannot see the East River. Bu

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

THIS IS AMERICA - Southern Friendliness Meets American History in Charleston By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Monday, November 14, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Fire Shines Light on Sao Paulo Housing Shortage On May 1, an electrical problem started a fire in a large, former police building in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Officials say at least two people died as a result. The building was home to a group of people who

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Recently, the Jing'an campus of the Institute of Technology of East China Jiaotong University in Jiangxi province went viral online due to its traditional palace-like buildings and landscaping. 最近,江西省华东交通大学靖安校区因其古宫

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. Torrential rains have caused flooding up and down the East Coast, nearly a foot of rain fell in some areas, dozens of people had to be rescued or evacuated. 2. Billionaire Warren Buffett is giving

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006