VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Washington, D.C. is known for its many monuments, museums, and government buildings. It is also home to embassies from more than one hundred seven

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

BOB DOUGHTY: Im Bob Doughty. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The Global Heritage Fund organization recently released a list of cultural treasures in the developing world that are in danger of disappearing

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Todd: So, Alexandra you were talking about a hurricane. What hurricane were you talking about? Alexandra,你刚刚说到了飓风。你说的是哪场飓风? Alex: I was talking about Hurricane Andrew, and as I said before, it was a category 5 hu

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

BBC Learning English London Life The Great Fire of London Callum:Hello, I'm Callum Robertson and this is London Life. I'm not in the comfort of the studio today, as you might be able to hear, I'm out and about in London. To be exact I'm in a street

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

Todd: Hey, Victor, I hear you're going home tomorrow. Victor: Yes, I am. Todd: Ah, that's too bad... So how long have you been here? Victor: I've been here for two weeks. Todd: I'm sorry, I was never sure. Why did you come to Japan? Victor: Came to J

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Hi! my name's Theodore and I'd like to talk to you a little about photography. When I first started studying photography I bought myself a fairly good film camera but since then digital cameras have been getting better and cheaper and recently I boug

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

It is a huge, popular museum on Fifth Avenue. It's next to Central Park. Many steps lead up to the main entrance. Banners hang outside the museum. One says, Heroic Africa. Another says, The 9/11 Peace Story Quilt. Another says, Master Painters of Ind

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

JEFFREY BROWN:The debate over the city of Chicago's plan to close dozens of public schools intensified today. Public school officials cited a billion-dollar deficit and under enrollment as the driving factors behind the move. But critics claim it wil

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

Yesterday morning a crowd in Christchurch watched from a safe distance as a 14 storey building was demolished in just 10 seconds by implosion. It fell sideways a little then collapsed into a heap of rubble, with a large cloud of dust. A 6-year old bo

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Todd: Hello, I'm here with Anita. Anita, where are you from? Anita: I am from the Czech Republic. Todd: Oh, and what city? Anita: Ah, from the capitol city, Prague. Todd: Oh, that's a beautiful city. Anita: Yes, it is. Todd: Can you talk a little bit

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, Alexandra you were talking about a hurricane. What hurricane were you talking about? Alex: I was talking about Hurricane Andrew, and as I said before, it was a category 5 hurricane. I was not in the city when it came through, however I did

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Suspicious Powder Discovered on Capitol Hill Deborah Tate Three U.S. Senate office buildings are closed, and congressional business has been disrupted a day after a suspicious powder, believed to be t

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

今天我们要学的词是evacuate。 Evacuate, 是指撤离危险地带。Passengers evacuated the train due to a fire on board, 由于火车起火,乘客全部下车。Students evacuated their classrooms because of a bomb threat, 由于炸弹威胁

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Todd: Um, hey, Alan, so I want to go to Vancouver, and I'm really excited about going. I don't know anything about the city. Can you give me some advice or tips on things I should see or do? Alan: Yeah, sure Todd. I'd be happy to. There are a lot of

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Rescuers are battling to reach survivors of the deadly new earthquake in Nepal that triggered landslides and brought down buildings. In Kathmandu, there is chaos in the streets after another major earthquake rocked Nepal. Just now a big quake came an

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

The widely acclaimed documentary TV series A bite of China is back! The first episode of the second season has been aired on Monday. The series is about the history of food, eating and cooking in China. Andhere'swhats been simmering behind the scenes

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年04月

Beginners. If you drive around this town, you will see lots of new buildings, and some that are almost finished. The town is growing. There is heavy machinery of all kinds in many places: cranes, backhoes, dump trucks, and bulldozers. As you walk or

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

讲解文本: spotless 无灰尘的,干净清洁的,一尘不染的 I like this room, it's always spotless. 我喜欢这个房间,一直是干干净净的。 Every morning cleaners make sure everything is spotless 每天早晨,清洁工们会

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Shipping containers are large metal boxes used for shipping goods across the sea. However, Christchurch has found many other uses for shipping containers after the earthquakes. Some are placed against the cliffs to stop falling rocks in an earthquake

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Todd: So, I am here with Tarta and we are talking about the tsunami in Thailand and she helped people after the event. Can you talk about what it was like the few days after the tsunami hit? Tarta: Yes, right away from like from the tsunami hit, I we

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂