Now, I'm not against glass. It's an ancient and versatile material. 我并不是反对使用玻璃。玻璃毕竟是一种古老且通用性强的材料。 It's easy to manufacture and transport and install and replace and clean. 它们易于大量生产

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

This is AP news minute. 1. The candidates were back on the campaign trail Tuesday after squaring off Monday night in their first presidential debate. Hillary Clinton told reporters that she was thrilled about the match-up. Donald Trump complained he

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(九)月

1. Flood-weary residents in Missouri, Arkansas and Ohio are fighting to save their homes following this weeks heavy rains. Some 70 Missouri counties have reported flooding this week. At least 200 homes have been evacuated in the southern part of the

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(三)月

Todd: Hey, Victor, I hear you're going home tomorrow. 嗨,维克多,我听说你明天要回家了。 Victor: Yes, I am. 是的。 Todd: Ah, that's too bad.....So how long have you been here? 啊,太遗憾了你在这儿待多久了? Victor:

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

First up.We are reporting on rescue efforts in Brazil after the sudden collapse of several buildings.This happened in historic center of Rio de Janeiro.One of the buildings is 20-stories high,the other was 10 and 4 stories.They were commercial buildi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(二)月

Clothes Size 服装大小S: Salesclerk 售货职员 C: Customer 顾客情景对话 Dialogue对话1C: It's too small. Give me a bigger one, please. 太小了,请拿大一点的给我。 S: Then, how do you like this one? 那么这个怎么样? C:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸服装口语

Topics: Famous Buildings/Structures-The Brooklyn Bridge; The Minimum Wage; to speculate versus to deliberate versus to contemplate; holy moly; down-and-dirty Words: suspension bridge marvel on site caisson permanent paralyzed to supervise federal int

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

There arent enough parks in my town. I dont know why. I think its terrible. I think the biggest reason is greedy property developers. People are more interested in making money from office buildings than making a nice town. We need parks. Our childre

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-P

Todd: OK, we're here with Laura. Hello! Laura: Hi! Todd: Hi! Now, Laura, where you are from? Laura: I'm from Hong Kong. Todd: Hong Kong. That's great. So tell us about Hong Kong. Laura: Well, it's a country for people, and well, when I ask my friends

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

It was a warm, sunny day. She put a hat on to keep the sun out of her eyes. She needed to visit her bank. She walked down to the corner. There were four buildings at the intersection. One was her bank. Opposite the bank was a fast food restaurant. Th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Syrian Art in a Suitcase Syrian-born artist Mohamed Hafez creates little worlds inside of suitcases. One of his art works looks like a building that was blown open by a bomb. It has small pieces of clothing among the destruction to represent the peop

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Indian Architect Wins Pritzker Prize This years top award in architecture goes to Balkrishna Doshi. This is the first time an Indian has won in the 40-year history of the award, known as the Pritzker Prize. Some compare the award to the Nobel Prize.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

1. Officials in London are piecing together clues in the three terror incidents in Great Britain. Police have raided buildings and searched homes in Glasgow and central England. So far, five people have been arrested in connection with the attacks. 2

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

托福综合写作开头方法一、比较新颖、有创意的开头 As technologies and the demand for certain services change, many workers will lose their jobs. The responsibility for those people to adjust to such change should belong to the i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

THIS IS AMERICA - Seeking to Protect the 'Most Endangered Historic Places' in America By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, July 11, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA, in VOA Special E

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -June 28, 2002: Rooftop Gardens By Cynthia Kirk Chicago City Hall This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Officials in Chicago, Illinois, are hoping to help the environm

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

[00:05.09]LISTENING 1 Listen to the tape and answer the following questions. [02:08.55]2 Listen to the tape and fill in the following chart [02:14.79]that explains who is who in The Merchant of Venice. [02:30.73]Workbook Unit 19 LISTENING [02:36.47]1

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版高二

Washington, D.C. 华盛顿 Washington, D.C. is the capital of the USA. 华盛顿是美国的首都。 Washington, D.C. is famous for historic buildings. 华盛顿以历史建筑而闻名。 It has the White House. 那里有白宫。 The president of

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第4册

The occupy Wall Street demonstrations have inspired similar protest in Europe, Asia and Australia today. Thing gone violent in Rome where some set vehicles on fire, attack buildings and police. Thousands turned out with a march on Washington for jobs

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(十月)

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Green roofs are designed to save energy and capture rainwater. Rooftops covered with plants help keep buildings cool. They can extend the life of a roof. And they can reduce water runoff into stree

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月