VOICE ONE: Im Phoebe Zimmerman. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program People in America. Today we tell about the life and work of the greatest American building designer of the twentieth century, Frank Lloyd Wright. (MUS

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

AS IT IS 2013-10-31 Philippines Plans for Disasters 菲律宾应对自然灾害 Hello. It is nice to be with you again. Im Jim Tedder in Washington. Today we travel to the Philippines to hear how officials are using technology to plan for natural dis

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Cairo, Egypts capital, is one of the largest cities in Africa and one of the best known in the world. For more than 1,000 years, it has stood on the banks of the Nile River, the longest in the world. The Pyramids of Giza sit close to the citys southw

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

The most famous buildings to see in Lhasa are the Jokhang Temple and Potala Palace. 拉萨市内值得参观的主要建筑有大昭寺、布达拉宫。 I've been to Potala Palace, but I don't know what does potala mean? 我去过布达拉宫,但不

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

Exercise 5-1: Sounds Comparing L with T, D, and N For this exercise, concentrate on the different ways in which the air comes out of the mouth when producing each sound of L, T, D, and N. Look at the drawings included here, to see the correct positio

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

8 The Storm 风暴 As we struggled on, nearer and nearer to the sea, from which this mighty wind was blowing dead on shore, its force became more and more terrific. Long before we saw the sea, its spray was on our lips, and showered salt rain upon us

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 陈冠商英语背诵文选合集

64 聚焦

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 政治经济

The Great Wall is famous as the one of the miracles in the history, it attracts the people from all around the world to witness its greatess. But according to the research, the Great Wall is missing gradually, for it suffers the damage from both natu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

高考英语阅读理解三个误区 在高考英语150分的试卷中,阅读理解占了40分,一般是5篇文章,一共20道题,每题2分。阅读的重要性不用多说了,很多同学都明白阅读理解的成败往往决定了英语成

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Hurricane Katrina 飓风卡特里娜 What is the name you hate the most? 你最深恶痛绝哪个名字? If you asked people in Louisiana this quesion. They will say Katrina. 如果你问路易斯安那州人这个问题,他们会说卡特里娜。

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第7册

08 an Hour Before Sunrise an Hour Before Sunrise An hour before sunrise in the city there in an air of cold, solitary desolation about the noiseless streets, which we are accustomed to see thronged at other times by a busy, eager crowd, and over the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵文选第一册

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: A stagecoach like ones used by the Butterfield company And I'm Barbara Klein. Last week on our program, we described the underground world of Carlsbad Caverns

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008(十)月

HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF IN THE CITY 在城市中如何照顾自己 The next day the boys were up bright and early. 第二天,男孩们一大早起来。 After a good breakfast they talked over the program for the day. 吃完美味的早餐后,

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材4

That's the end of that. The next story is called In Praise of the Taxpayer. 这个故事讲完了。下一个故事叫作《纳税人的荣耀》。 That so many of the city's most venerable taxpayers have survived yet another commercial building boo

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Todd: Hey, Victor, I hear you're going home tomorrow. Victor: Yes, I am . Todd: Ah, that's too bad .....So how long have you been here? Victor: I've been here for two weeks. Todd: I'm sorry, I was never sure. Why did you come to Japan? Victor: Came t

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A: Is it true that youre looking for an apartment? B: I am. Howd you know? A: I heard it from one of our friends. B: Well then, why do you ask if Im looking for an apartment? A: I was thinking about leasing this apartment. B: What does this have to d

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

历届世博:1904年圣路易斯世博会Louisiana Expo英语介绍The Louisiana Purchase Exposition, informally known as the Saint Louis Worlds Fair, was an international exposition held in St. Louis, Missouri in 1904. BackgroundIn 1904 St. Louis

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

耸入云霄的摩天大楼哪个国家的最高呢? Rob: Hello, Im Rob and this is 6 Minute English and Im joined this week by Callum. Hello Callum. Callum: Hello Rob. Rob: Today were talking about tall buildings very tall buildings in fact. Callu

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

I'm Steve Ember. And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we continue our travels through Egypt to explore one of the greatest civilizations in human history. Last week, we visited the Nile River valley to see the art an

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

A special report on property 关于房地产的特别报道 Prime numbers 顶级商业房产,如质数般稀少 Commercial property has bounced back, but only in the best locations 商业地产已经复苏,但是只在黄金地带 Shard ascending

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合