ESL杰夫的一天 第101期:休息 邮件和垃圾讲解(3)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:ESL杰夫的一天
英语课
You get a bill for your electricity, for your phone, for your Internet access. 你会收到电费、手机费和网费单。
You have to pay your bills. 你必须支付你的账单。
Well, you should pay your bills; maybe you don't. 那个,你应该支付你的账单;或许你不支付。
"There are also several fliers for houses for sale in the area." “还有一些该区域的售房传单。”
A flier, "flier," (the plural 1 is fliers, with an "s") is an advertisement — it's an announcement or an advertisement. 传单(flier)(复数形式是fliers,在单词后面加“s”)是一种广告——它是一种公告或宣传。
Usually it's one or two pages — one or two pieces of paper. 它通常有一到两页——一到两张纸。
Sometimes the advertisements, or the fliers, are folded up. 有时这种广告或传单是折叠起来的。
And, it's very popular for people who are selling houses to use fliers that they mail you or they put on your house — outside of your house. 而且,售房人员普遍使用传单,他们要么通过邮件发给你要么放在你的房子外面。
These fliers are for houses that people are selling — "houses for sale in the area." 这些传单是用来宣传人们出售的房屋——“该区域待售的房屋。”
"I check the front stoop 2 and see that there are no packages." “我查看了一下房子前面的门廊发现没有包裹”。
"I check" — I look out at "the front stoop." “我查看”——我看了看房子前面的门廊。
A stoop, "stoop," is the stairs in front of your house. 门廊(stoop)是你房子前面的楼梯。
Often this word is used when we are talking about large buildings — apartment buildings or condominium buildings. 当我们说到大楼——公寓建筑时经常使用这个单词。
标签:
ESL