Five Did you tip the bellboy? 你付小费给那个服务生了吗? 1 Introduction A It is the custom to give tips to waiters in restaurants and taxi drivers. 在餐馆给服务员小费、给的士司机小费被认为是习俗。 B It is also American custom when visiting friends t

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 零距离美语会话

本单元是关于画廊的对话 Alice: This is a lovely painting. Paul: Isn't it? Let's find out about it. Excuse me! Guide: Ooh, hello there, can I help you? Alice: Could you tell us a little about this one please? Guide: Ooh, by all means...this beautiful

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

Day11 Make Right First Impression During the first 15 seconds of an interview, an employer will perceive you in two ways, one visual and the other tactile. You guessed it: Your appearance and your handshake go a long way toward making a good impressi

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 白领美丽英文诵典365

Technology Report - Finding the Right Match With Online Dating This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. Ten or fifteen years ago, online dating was too new to be socially acceptable. But now, many people search for a partner online. Online

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

一个英语单词可分为三部分:前缀(prefix)词根(root)后缀(suffix)。位于词根前面的部分就是前缀。前缀,可以改变单词的意思。 un-不,无 unacceptable = un + acceptable(可接受的) a. 无法接受

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

公司高层开会,老板Frank建议,严格员工的着装标准,穿得不能太随便。公司主管Penny说, P: I'm inclined to agree with Frank. You know that old saying: Don't judge a book by its cover? Well, almost everyone DOES judge by

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jim和Emily是一家跨国公司从中国聘用的新雇员,公司人事部的Paula对他们进行文化差异的培训。Emily说, E: I know that we will be expected to chat and make small talk with our customers, but I'm worried I'm going to pu

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Dating Before marriage, younger Americans date each other, that is, they often go out together. Casual dating usually begins in the early teens, and in the late teens a pattern of steady dating develops. There is a great possibility that one goes to

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

Dating Before marriage, younger Americans date each other, that is, they often go out together. Casual dating usually begins in the early teens, and in the late teens a pattern of steady dating develops. There is a great possibility that one goes to

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

17.The Way Ahead of China 17.中国的未来之路 Why should China submit to a new multilateral system in view of the fact that it is set to emerge as the winner from the current turmoil? The answer is equally simple. In order to continue rising it

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

Grammar Girl here. Todays topic is whether the phrase have got is good English or not. And now, guest-writer Bonnie Trenga answers an e-mail from a listener, Lee, who says, A pet peeve of mine is the frequent use of the have got phrase, such as I hav

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

25 布什政府打算制定饮水中含砷量限定标准 DATE=3/30/01 TITLE=ENVIRONMENT REPORT- (1)EPA Rejects (2)Arsenic Limits in Water BYLINE=Cynthia Kirk (Start at 1'00

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

All but two of the European Union's 27 members have signed up to a new treaty on tighter fiscal rules. Britain's refusal to sign was flagged well in advance. The key point for me here is what is in our national interest and our national interest is t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

By Nico Colombant Kinshasa 29 October 2006 Security forces have had to intervene in several parts of the Democratic Republic of Congo, after voting for presidential and provincial elections was broken up by rioting. In the west of the country, there

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

Malaria Vaccine Shows Acceptable Safety, Efficacy Results An international health alliance working to develop a vaccine against malaria says one of its most advanced vaccines, called RTS,S, shows promising results. After two years of human clinical t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Who do we become when we lose a parent? That transformation is at the heart of Zinzi Clemmons' novel What We Lose. The central character, Thandi, grapples with the loss of her mother to cancer, a woman she revered but often

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他和同事Amy散会一起往外走。 (Office ambience) A:Chen Hao, I can't believe what you were doing during that meeting. C:开会的时候?我没干什么啊? A:You were using your cell phone

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The leaders of the Pacific Islands, including the New Zealand Prime Minister, John Key, are meeting in Papua New Guinea. Once again, the military leader of Fiji, Commodore Bainimarama, has not attended. At the last Pacific Islands Forum, (see August

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Violet: Thanks for agreeing to meet with me about the new contract. Its important that both parties understand and agree to all of the terms before we can move ahead. Karik: Its in the best interest of both of our companies for this agreement to be s

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客