This is the VOA Special English Health Report. The World Health Organization says the rising cost of health care is a struggle for people and governments around the world. The problem is greatest in countries where people must often pay directly for

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

A: Were you able to contact the owners about my counter-offer? B: Yes, please have a seat, and well discuss this right now. A: I hope that they accepted the counter-offer. B: The counter-offer was acceptable to them, but they want you to pay for the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

AA: I'm Avi Arditti and this week on Wordmaster: an example of how English teachers at one high school are trying to get students to keep the language of the Internet where it belongs. Jodi Schenck teaches at Rothberg Comprehensive High School in the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

What type of performance problems have you encountered in people who report to you,and how did you motivate them to improve? 在下属的工作表现方面,你曾经遇到过什么问题?后来你又是如何激励他们进行改善的? I once

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

We've had teeth all over the house recently. My children just happen to be at the ages where they are all losing teeth. For my oldest boys, it's no longer a novelty. They have gaps here and there where teeth are growing in. And the contrast between t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

To shape up or ship out To rock the boat 今天我们要给大家介绍两个和船有关的习惯用语。船在英文里就是: Ship. 船员或者和水上生活有关的人创造了一套他们自己

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

EDUCATION REPORT – July 11, 2002: School Vouchers By Jerilyn Watson This is the VOA Special English Education Report. The United States Supreme Court has made an important decision about American ed

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

EDUCATION REPORT - U.S. College Admissions: Each School Sets Its Own Requirements By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, May 05, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Education Report. We

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

A lot of people find it difficult to make phone calls in a foreign language and that's understandable. You can't see the person you are talking to, their voice might be unclear, and you might find it difficult to find the right words. 很多人都觉得

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

A: I had a message on my phone that the buyers had responded to our counteroffer. B: Yes, the response just came through on the fax machine. A: Was the counteroffer acceptable to them? B: They made their own counteroffer of five thousand less than yo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Soil naturally contains harmless amounts of lead, along with other metals. Because of pollution, however, the amounts are higher the closer you get to cities and towns. But experts say this should

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

Jews and Arabs Form Friendships Through Music 犹太人和阿拉伯人通过音乐建立友谊 In Israel, music is bringing young people together and to make more than beautiful sounds. Four young musicians two Israeli Jews, two Israeli Arabs perform

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

A: My wife thinks I should get a lawyer to look at the contract. B: Well, it certainly wouldnt hurt to have a lawyer review it. A: How much does a lawyer cost? B: I dont know. A good real estate lawyer might cost $400 an hour. A: That cant be legal!

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: Where is everyone? We were supposed to start fifteen minutes ago! B:Jo called and said shed be here in a sec. She said she got tied up with a client. C:Sorry Im late everyone. There was a huge traffic jam on the highway this morning. D:Morning eve

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: I need to talk to you about something. B: What did you need to talk about? A: I have some questions about my lease. B: Like what? A: Exactly how long is my lease for? B: Your lease will be up in three years. A: What will happen if I move out befor

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

巧妙拒绝别人 Ask for time to check your calendar 先查看日程表,再给明确答复 It's an acceptable business practice to review your schedule or converse with other principals before committing to an answer. Don't respond with a quick y

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Jim和Emily是一家跨国公司从中国聘用的新雇员,公司人事部的Paula对他们进行文化差异的培训。Emily说, E: I know that we will be expected to chat and make small talk with our customers, but I'm worried I'm going to pu

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Salahuddin Rabbani is currently in China on a 4-days visit, his first trip to Beijing as a Foreign Minister. The visit comes after an earlier meeting in Kabul, which involved senior delegates from Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, and the United States t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

巧妙拒绝别人 Establish boundaries and honor them for all to see 设定让所有人都知晓的界限,并坚决执行 Let your constituents know your priorities and limits. Don't continually break your own rules about when you are available or

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Todd: So Layla, we're talking about food in France and in the U.S. So in France what do you like best about French food? Because French food is quite famous around the world. What makes French food so famous? Layla: For me I think the best thing is t

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂