A Brazilian official says water restrictions in Brasilia will end by December, when an expanded supply system will be completed. United Nations officials say Brasilia, the capital of Brazil, is one of a growing number of cities with water shortages.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Hold on I thought that I could take it from here 坚持住我认为我可以承受一切 Oh I thought that I was gone and I'm cleared 我认为我已悄然离去理清了一切 Now it's getting harder 但现在一切变得愈加艰难 Hold on I thoug

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Got an email at 22 在22岁时(我)收到一封邮件 Told me I could be a star 信里说我有潜力成为明星 On a plane for the first time 第一次搭上了飞机 I couldn't wait to start 迫不及待想要启程 Landed at JFK 在肯尼迪国

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Using Water to Produce Electricity By Gary Garriott Broadcast: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. The power of flowing water can be used to

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

One of the world's biggest water desalination plants is about to open in Australia's biggest and thirstiest city, Sydney. The plant is part of a program aimed at providing water as the continent battles erratic rainfall and the city attracts 50,000 n

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – January 7, 2002: Storing Drinking Water By Gary Garriott This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Safe drinking water has always been rare and valuable. Throughout th

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(212) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

US Energy Production Facing Limits of Water Scarcity Nearly all forms of energy production use large amounts of water. Coal, which generates nearly 50 percent of the electricity in the U.S., needs water for mining and transport, and to cool and lubri

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Environmentalists claim the drilling could contaminate New York's unfiltered drinking water sources with dangerous chemicals and radioactivity Carolyn Weaver | New York 24 December 2009 Photo: Sabine Aronowsky Manhattan borough president Scott String

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Pakistanis Tire of Water, Electricity Shortages Pakistans new prime minister, Raja Pervez Ashraf, faces a struggling economy and has said he will make the delivery of electricity a priority, but the nation is tired of constant shortages of water and

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Leasing Land, Leasing Water 土地征用协议引发对水权利的担忧 A new report says land acquisitions in Africa, Southeast Asia and Latin America have sharply increased since the 2007/2008 food crisis. Some fear the investments by foreign cou

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Students Invent Water Purification Disc The lab operates like a kitchen. They add several ingredients. Then they mix, weigh, press and bake them. What's created is called a MadiDrop - a ceramic disc infused with silver. When dropped in water, silver

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

Will There be Enough Water for Everyone? As the global population grows, so does the need for water. The Worldwatch Institute says increased demands for food, energy and industry, along with climate change, could lead to water scarcity in some places

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

HEALTH REPORT - How Much Water Should People Drink? By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A new study says people should drink when they

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Something unexpected is happening in the West's biggest cities. Population is booming, but water use is staying the same or in some cases, actually going down. From member station KUNC, Luke Runyon reports on what to credit for all

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Poyang Lake, which connects to the Yangtze River near the city of Jiujiang, is the largest freshwater lake in China. The area of the lake fluctuates dramatically between the wet and dry seasons, influencing water levels downstream. However, the lake

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

A: Hi, is this the water company? B: This is the water company. May I help you? A: As a matter of fact, you can. B: What do you need? A: In a few days, Im going to be moving. B: Okay, and what do you need help with? A: Im going to need the water turn

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Unit 99 Would you like a glass of water? Would you like a glass of water? 你要喝杯水吗? Would you like a glass of water? 要喝杯水吗? Would you like a glass of milk? 你也喝一杯牛奶吗? Would you like a glass of milk? 你来一杯

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

Out there is a river valley that's been carved into the rock. It's been carved by running water, just flew down here smoothly off this rock bed and then cascaded down to the valley north there. Six thousand years ago, that was a big river. Satellite

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

And this was their greatest achievement: the legendary temple complex of Angkor. You know, a real sense of age of this place here. This was built over 1,200 years ago. At a few places right here you can see a show of the age that faces are all worn,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

Susan likes to eat apples. She likes to eat big red apples. She likes to wear a blue hat. She wears a big blue hat on her head. She wears a hat and eats an apple. She drinks some water from a white cup. Susan drinks water and eats apples. She doesn't

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1