Dialogue A Laura: How was work today? Ben: It was awful. I was very stressed. Laura: Why? What happened? Ben: My boss was a bit hot under the collar. Laura: Why? Ben: He doesn't think the new product I designed will sell like hot cakes. Laura: You're

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Section 49 Water H2O, have you ever thought how important it is to us? Ah, that’s water, isn’t it? Yes. And without it, we can’t live. I know that. I drink it everyday in tea, coffee and juices.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语导读1000句

Two years have passed since government officials in Flint, Michigan declared a state of emergency. The emergency was lead in the citys water supply. Officials at Michigan Department of Environmental Quality now say the water is safe again. But, many

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

The concept of obtaining fresh water from icebergs that are towed to populated areas and arid regions of the world was once treated as a joke more appropriate to cartoons than real life. But now it is

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

我们家隔壁住着一位老奶奶,八十多岁,孤苦伶仃,没有人照顾。如今,物价涨得这么厉害,她的生活一天比一天困难。好在,我们左邻右舍经常都会帮她一把。她的处境让我想起了一个习惯

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

The operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is reporting around 300 tonnes of highly contaminated water has leaked from a storage tank. Masayuki Ono is the general manager of the Tokyo Electric Power Company. He says the puddle that has

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Over a thousand people participated in an event where hot water was thrown into the air in Mohe County, in northeast China's Heilongjiang Province on February 7, 2018. When the hot water met the cold air, it was a spectacular scene.

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

What are you doing? his wife asked. He was standing at the bathroom sink. He was filling up a glass with water. I'm getting a glass of water, he said. Oh no, you're not, she said. That's bathroom water. You can't drink that. Pour it out. Go to the ki

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Few people think about how important water is. We do when we're really thirsty. I remember hiking for hours in really baking sun without anything to drink. I was dreaming about drinking cool water. And when I came to a small river, the water was deli

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-W

The Waitangi Tribunal met for two weeks to discuss Maori water rights. The Tribunal gave an interim report because the full report would not be available until September. The interim report asked the government to postpone the sale of Mighty River Po

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Cynthia and George went shopping together at Wal-Mart. I need a water dispenser for my office, Cynthia told George. What do you mean by water dispenser? George asked. You know, one of those things that they put the big five-gallon jug upside down int

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

We have about thirty campers right now, Melanie explained as they moved through the cafeteria line. Benny had piled his plate high with spaghetti and meatballs and was reaching for a slice of Key lime pie. Most of them are kids, but we have a few adu

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 41 The Mystery of the Hidden B

Susan likes to eat apples. She likes to eat big red apples. She likes to wear a blue hat. She wears a big blue hat on her head. She wears a hat and eats an apple. She drinks some water from a white cup. Susan drinks water and eats apples. She doesnt

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

The city of Cape Town, South Africa has announced new water restrictions as officials warn the water supply could run dry in three months. The order to take effect February 1 - will cut city residents daily water usage by nearly half over current res

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

By Peta Thornycroft Water rationing has been imposed in Zimbabwe's capital, where water shortages have reached critical levels. Half the city's four-million residents are either short of water or have

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--健康科技

Was it the trick of the light Or a shot in the dark Was it hell or high water That broke our hearts Was it something I said Or just a cruel twist of fate Was it hell or high water Is it too late Oh is it too late Well all my life I've been Searching

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I've gotta keep the calm before the storm 暴风雨来临之前我必须保持镇定 I don't want less, I don't want more 我不愿再有所失去,也不愿再有所奢求 Must bar the windows and the doors 我须紧闭所有窗门 To keep me safe,

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

The Beijing Waterworks Group, the company responsible for tap water supply in the capital, says starting from next week, the data on tap water quality will be available on the company's website. Major indexes, including degrees of color, turbidity an

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Chinese Minister of Water Resources, Chen Lei, says Beijing has offered to discharge water to alleviate the drought in Mekong River Basin countries. He said the remarks during a media briefing on Wednesday. The Jinghong Hydropower Station in southwes

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(186) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

China is providing much needed water supply to Myanmar, which has been badly hit by drought. The Chinese embassy to Myanmar and local NGOs have organized delivery of a tank containing 33,000 liters of drinking water to southern Yangon, one of the mos

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(1583) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年