Somalia has one of the world's worst humanitarian disasters, with hundreds of thousands of people displaced due to conflict. Now, a prolonged drought is adding to the country's many problems. A top U.N. official says he wants the Somali people to kno

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

丹尼尔和妈妈在做热身运动,忽然听到一阵欢呼声,原来大家在围着大屏幕观看水上表演,精彩的表演让丹尼尔变得兴奋起来。 Listen Read Learn Daniel: Look! Mom, that's amazing! I can't believe the girls have so neat movements. Mom: Yeah, they all received very

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

The concept of obtaining fresh water from icebergs that are towed to populated areas and arid regions of the world was once treated as a joke more appropriate to cartoons than real life. But now it is being considered quite seriously by many nations,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

See that bright red hamburger meat in the grocery store? Its bright red because a food processor added carbon monoxide to the package. Most European governments do not allow carbon monoxide in packages that contain beef products. They warn that the g

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

It is summertime. The park has many trees. It has a baseball field. It has a water fountain. The water is cool. Kids play in the water fountain. Their feet get wet. Their clothes get wet. They sit down in the fountain. They run around in the fountain

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 儿童英语小故事

Water Blankets Forming Planets A study in the journal Science finds much more molecular water in regions where planets are forming around young stars. The mechanism to keep the water from being destroyed by UV radiation appears to involve some of the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

威士忌的酒精麻醉我的神经,欲望的占有让我渴望更多你的爱。水与酒的交融是让味道变得清醒还是更加容易醉倒。《Whiskey In My Water》来自乡村音乐歌手 Tyler Farr,十足底气的嗓音,乡村音乐

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

American swimming great Michael Phelps remains on track to win an unprecedented eight gold medals at a single Olympics. VOA's Jim Stevenson was at China's National Aquatic Center as Phelps relied on three other teammates Monday to win a thrilling re

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Something In The Water - Carrie Underwood He said I've been 他说我一直在 where you've been before 你曾去过的地方 Down every hallway's a slamming door 沿着每个过道的门向前 No way out, 没有出路 no one to come and save me 没有

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The lack of clean drinking water is a major problem worldwide. The World Health Organization says more than one billion people live in areas where renewable water resources are not available. The pr

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Most restaurants in the United States offer their customers a glass of tap water at no charge with their meal, but this week many restaurants are asking diners to pay a dollar, or more , for a glass of water. Placards on their tables explain that thi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Ben Carter Powdered material called dry water, could provide a new way to store carbon dioxide in an effort to fight global warming. Dry water looks a lot like fine white sand, which isn't surprising since what makes it dry is that each tiny water dr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

3月4日在北美地区上映的喜剧新片《超级奶爸》在短短一个周末内创造了超过三千万美元的票房奇迹,一跃成为全美最走红的影片,主演范迪塞尔的搞笑表演也带给观众不少惊喜。外电报道如下

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

A: Is this the water company? B: This is the water company. May I help you? A: As a matter of fact, you can. B: What do you need? A: In a few days, I'm going to be moving. B: Okay, and what do you need help with? A: I'm going to need the water turned

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 租住公寓-Renting an Apartment

Let's look first. The fresh water that we depend on begins its life in the oceans. As the sun's rays beat down on the surface of the sea, they heat the water molecules until some evaporate. It's the start of an extraordinary journey. Here with water

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

It's just magic. When you follow it, you can see that this is the perfect union of the tree and the villages. The locals have kind of trained the roots, kind of guided them through and netted them together. What they've done here is they've grabbed s

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

They could not lose. Resistance movements started. They would take over places like this and opened the sluice gate allowing the water to pour back down into Owens Valley. Irregularly they dynamited the aqueduct. But the city rebuilt it and the game

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

The trapped Chinese icebreaker Xuelong broke through the Antarctic's heavy ice floes on Tuesday and was headed for open water. The vessel, which had been conducting China's 30th Antarctic expedition before going to the aid of the stramded Russian shi

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年01月

Todd: So, hey, Rebecca, speaking of environmental stuff, I was reading about a drought in Australia. You guys have a serious drought problem with water? Rebecca: Yeah, we do. We've had a drought for some time now and it seems to be getting worse and

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

China has the world's third largest landmass and a wealth of natural resources. But as the world's most populous nation moves further along the path of industrialization and urbanization, water -- the very basis of life -- is becoming more scarce. Ov

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年