Rolf! Henry shouted. Look at this! Rolf stepped off the ladder and walked over to Henry. What is it? Then he saw the black tar oozing over the new shingles. For Petes sake, he muttered, planting his hands on his hips and shaking his head Who did this

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 23 The Old Motel Mystery

Major floods are expected on the Yangtze River this year. In anticipation of that, the Three Gorges Reservoir is discharging water to make room for more when the flood season arrives. 22 reservoirs, including the Three Gorges now form a joint flood c

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

First, listen to March 4th 2013 to hear about drought on farms this past summer. The Minister for Primary Industries, Nathan Guy said that in the long term the government wants to invest $400m in regional water irrigation. In the short term, the Budg

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Robin Basselin. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 February, 2011. A severe storm h

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Todd: So, hey, Rebecca, speaking of environmental stuff, I was reading about a drought in Australia. You guys have a serious drought problem with water. Rebecca: Yeah, we do. We've had a drought for some time now and it seems to be getting worse and

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A: I need to speak with someone from the water company. B: Is there something that I can do for you? A: Actually, there is something I need help with. B: How may I assist you? A: Well, Im going to be moving in a few days. B: How can I assist you with

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

society, that first brought civilization to the desert. Far from just scraping by in this harsh landscape, the Garamantes were flourishing. They grew crops, such as cereals and grapes. They kept horses and pigs. Clearly, they needed large amounts of

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

So the rigid hierarchical structure of Egyptian society wasn't just dictated by the Pharaohs. It also emerged because the Egyptians had only one water source - the Nile. 5,000 years ago, it wasn't just the ancient Egyptians who noticed the value of r

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

It worked because the water of the river carried something special within it, an almost invisible treasure that was the secret of Egypts economic might. What made Egypt great is this stuff - silt. It's a rich supermineral silt, it's like an expresso,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

The center of the Sahara Desert in North Africa, one of the driest places on earth. I'm over six hours drive from civilization. Temperatures here regularly reach 100 degrees Fahrenheit, but there's less than half an inch of rainfall each year. Ah,the

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

But as it grew, the Khmer Kingdom faced the stumbling block. When the monsoon finished each year, the fish and water would vanish. So each year, the inhabitants were plunged into drought and hunger. The Khmer rules off the challenge magnificently. Th

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

But the human's struggle to pin down water is forever balanced on a knife edge. Get that balance wrong, and you pay the price. For all their ingenuity, the Garamantes over-exploited their ground water. Eventually, it ran out, and so did their civiliz

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

She is thirsty. She gets a glass of water. She begins to walk. She drops the glass. There is water on the floor. The puddle is big. She gets a mop. She wipes the water off. The floor is clean. She gets another glass of water. She drinks it. She is ha

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

听歌学英语:英国实力唱将V V Brown轻快单曲(Shark In The Water) Sometimes I get my head in a dilly Feeling so lost ticking you off Now boy, You know me well Said, Im that kinda feeling That kind of soft That kind of silly But when Im in d

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

By Joana Mantey Accra, Ghana 07 April 2008 Experts in the field of water and sanitation have gathered to share their knowledge at an international conference opening Monday in Accra, Ghana. The meeting is a collaborative effort by Ghanas Ministry of

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

As I sail with you across the finest oceans On a way to find the key to our emotions Together we will move the clouds to brighter days Some people question what I say Tried to break up you and me But I know this love between us is growing stronger Yo

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Chinese social activist is accusing Weifang City factories of illegally discharging chemical waste into 1,000 meter deep wells. In response, the Shandong provincial environment protection department has sent 320 officers to over 700 suspected factori

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

China's Ministry of Water Resources says the country is to invest 1.8 trillion yuan, or 280 billion US dollars, in water conservation in the coming five years. The country is also aiming to double its annual investment on water projects. Shuangfeng h

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Adam Navis Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Todays Spotlight is on a new inventio

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Mekong River nations are suffering from the most severe drought in decades, affecting tens of millions of people. In response, China has discharged water to help relieve the crisis. China began offering the emergency water supply since Tuesday, and w

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年