Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On this weekly show, we tell about commonly used American expressions. By knowing these expressions, you can improve your ability to speak and understand American English. Today, we go de

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

My dear Teachers,fellow students and friends: Good afternoon. As we all know, the earth is a planet almost covered by water,and it is water made every thing on the earth lively.Water is also one of the important part of our environment.Th

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 人教版新目标初中英语(2013版)七年级下

Water is the source of life, a key factor in development and the essence of a harmonious ecosystem. With China's water environment deteriorating, and growing competition for water resources causing more disputes, both authorities and NGOs are realizi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Jana: So you mentioned hiking. I think South Africa must have a lot of outdoor activities, right? Peter: Hmm. Jane: Some extreme sports? Peter: Right, right. Yeah, it's, actually for a dry country it's interesting that it has so many water sports, pe

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

[00:00.29] 14.Under Water [00:03.99]Standing by the swimming pool, June was really hot and decided to plunge into the water. [00:11.18]The refreshing water cooled her body immediately. [00:14.88]Having not swam in the past several years and being a b

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 温馨夜读II

Fire and hot water 火和热水 Mr. Brown was busy writing letters in his room when his servant, a very stupid boy, rushed into his master's room and shouted. Fire! Fire! The kitchen is on fire! 布朗先生正在房间里忙着写信,这时,他的

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

in hot water 遇到非常麻烦的问题了,处境困难 have the hots for sb 迷恋某人 hot under the collar 非常生气 hot potato 烫手山芋 She's smoking hot. 她很火辣。 Wow, who was that hot hunk you were with? 哇,刚刚和你在一

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

A: Am I speaking with someone from the water company? B: Yes. Can I assist you with something? A: I certainly hope so. B: Whats the problem? A: I will be moving into a new house in a few days B: What exactly do you need my help with? A: Ill need you

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

BEIJING, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- The first phase of the eastern route of China's south-north water diversion project is expected to be completed ahead of schedule, authorities said. With the main part of the first-stage construction to be finished in Marc

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是in hot water。 In hot water, 意思是有麻烦。 The teacher was in hot water for verbally abusing his students, 这个老师因为辱骂学生而惹了麻烦。 Two members of the city council found themselves in hot wa

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Bottled water, including mineral and purified water, has become part of our lives. But now there is a wide variety of conceptual bottled water on the market that is extremely expensive, such as glacier water and bamboo charcoal water. Almost all of t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Clean water 清洁水源 Silver threads of life 生命的银丝带 A water filter that kills bacteria, rather than just removing them 新滤水器能够消灭细菌,而不单单是排除细菌 MORE than a billion people lack clean waterand in most

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Gone when you get stuck Sleeping when you wake up Lover on the other coast Off to the races Headed other places Chasing a familiar ghost No one said it would be this hard How could I know? Why do we always get so far Before we let go? And we separate

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

In a water tower town everybody waves, Church doors are the only thing that's open on Sundays Word travels fast, wheels turn slow Yeah workin' hard and livin' right is the only life we know Friday night football is king Sweet tea goes good with anyth

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

10 Things I Learned While Living Without Running Water My wife and I recently endured fifteen days of living without running water while a new well was being drilled on our property. If I was a more conscientious blogger, I suppose I would have chron

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Minister for the Environment, Dr Nick Smith, said today that the government will spend money on controlling our fresh water and will make some important laws. New Zealand is number 3 in the world for the amount of water per person. We have many r

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Inflatable pool full of dad's hot air I was three years old Splashin'everywhere And so began my love affair With water On a river bank With all my friends A big old rope tied to a limb And your a big old wuss If you don't jump in The water Yeah when

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

原名Vanessa Brown的V V Brown(born 1983),除了小时候开始学习音乐,长大后更是学业有成,不过后来她决定投身音乐事业。 Artist:VV Brown Song:Shark In The Water Sometimes I get my head in a dilly Feeling so lost ticking you off Now boy, You know me well

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

美国习惯用语第853:泼冷水(音频) pour water on 有时候觉得,当父母真不容易。最近,我们同意女儿重新粉刷自己的房间,谁知她要刷黑色。明知她会不高兴,我们还是决定要打消她的这个念头。

发表于:2019-03-14 / 阅读(244) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语