On the 22th of the June, 1986, in the Aztec Stadium, Mexico city. Argentina played England in the quarterfinal s of the World Cup. Only 4 years earlier, the 2 countries were at war over the Falkland I

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 世界杯的故事

ISLAMABAD, Sept. 26 (Xinhua) -- A total of 355 people have been killed and 619 others injured in the 7.7-maganitude earthquake that rocked southwest Pakistan's Balochistan province on Tuesday afternoon, according to a press briefing released by Pakis

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

It is an unimaginable nightmare, trapped inside your own brain, no way to talk, no way to communicate, written off as nearly dead. For five months, a 23-year-old English woman laid in what her doctors

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

[00:14.04]Roofer [00:19.34]房顶工人 [00:35.52]Thinking the fuse box may be faulty; [00:38.16]we determined which fuse to turn off to snuff the doorbell. [00:42.99]As we settled back in our rooms the doorbell rang again [00:47.04]in an oddly hollow ri

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

The accident 意外 When I was five years old, my cousin Tiffany and I found a lighter. We were playing with it in the bathroom when the toilet paper caught on fire. We couldn't get out of the bathroom and we were scared. 当我五岁时,我和表姐

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Boylan interviews the girls separately, probing their memory for clues. She does not interrogate them, but engages them in casual conversation. Her questions are always indirect. I divert them through

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 揭秘联邦调查局

Message of New Film A Star Is Born Sings True for Cast When actor Bradley Cooper saw singer Lady Gaga perform at the home of businessman Sean Parker, it was not just one of the important moments toward making the movie A Star Is Born. It was, Cooper

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

I'm Reggie Aqui from the CNN Center in Atlanta. Here's what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. The death toll climbs, and the crisis deepens in the conflict between Israel and Hamas. Here is what we know right now. An Israeli missile slammed into an eleme

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(一)月

Remember the TV show MASH? And for today's American soldier, the prospect of meatball surgery a few miles from battlefield is a far cry from the new reality. Huge strides in medicine and technology are saving the lives of injured soldiers who in prev

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

AS IT IS 2016-05-29 Confronting the Enemy After Wartime Can Help, and Hurt A new study finds public discussion of a violent civil conflict can harm some victims who have tried to forget the pain they experienced. In a civil war, a man may sometimes f

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Also, one of the principles of creativity is to have a little childhood trauma. 创意的其中一项原则是拥有童年的心理创伤。 And I had the usual kind that I think a lot of people had, and that is that, you know, I had expectations pla

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲设计篇

神探夏洛克第二季第二集_4 火车上的餐巾纸 擦过洒的咖啡 Train napkin you used to mop up the spilled coffee. 污渍颜色深 说明你没加牛奶 Strength of the stain shows that you didn't take milk. 番茄酱的痕迹 There are

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(191) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

online dating is about vanity. Simply put, I think that I'm too attractive, too interesting and too young to need to subject myself to the trauma of courting on the Internet. 我讨厌网络相亲的最大原因在于其虚有其表。简而言之,我

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

These days, you have to watch your back.Danger may be lurking where you least expect it. 最近危机四伏 你可得小心 You may find a relative, friend or neighbor coming after one thing - your brain! 亲戚、朋友、邻居也许会争先恐后扑

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

What is stress? Why do we have stress? How can we relieve stress? Do you ever feel like you have too much on your plate? Everyone expects something from you and you don't seem to have the time required to deliver. You notice the muscles in your neck

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

online dating is about vanity. Simply put, I think that I'm too attractive, too interesting and too young to need to subject myself to the trauma of courting on the Internet. 我讨厌网络相亲的最大原因在于其虚有其表。简而言之,我

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

So I didn't have access to that information because the social networks around me didn't have access to that information. 我之前不了解这方面的信息,是因为我周围的圈子都不知道这些信息。 I learned from my community how to

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

You have this habit.of letting everyone into the house. 你有个习惯 随便是谁都让他们进屋 But he's a friend, uh?Um, I think you got angry about it. - Why? What? 但他也算个朋友 对吧 我觉得你要为这事生气了 -为什么 什么

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

A Woman's Guide to What a Man Is Really Saying 男人话语隐含意义指南 I'M HUNGRY. 我饿了。 I'm hungry. 我饿了。 I'M SLEEPY. 我困了。 I'm sleepy. 我困了。 I'M TIRED. 我累了。 I'm tired. 我累了。 WHAT'S WRONG? 出什么事

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In March of 2011, there was a maj

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight