Movie: 'A Private War' Explores War Reporter's Inner Battle American reporter Marie Colvin told important stories about the suffering of civilians in war. Starting in the late 1980s, Colvin traveled to some of the most dangerous and horrifying confli

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(312) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

In one study designed to measure the effects of adversity on children at risk, 在一项设计用来衡量逆境对困苦的孩子会产生怎样影响的研究表明, among a subset of 698 children who experienced the most severe and extreme condi

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

I'm the fourth of five children raised by a single mother in a rough neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York. 我是一位单身母亲五个孩子中的第四个,我们在纽约布鲁克林一个混乱的街区生活。 We never owned a home, a car, a w

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Has the global economic crisis affected British peoples spending habits at all? So how have we changed the way we spend money in the past two years? Is the situation really bad for the British people? Lets ask the general public. Absolutely. I think

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Things I Learned From Dad Three successful people reveal how fathers shape their destiny. Rebecca Lobo: Be Loving I knew - even when I was very young - just how much my mom and dad loved each other. W

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语综合教程

US Army Doctors 'Grows' Ear on Soldier's Arm Army doctors in Texas have successfully transplanted a new left ear on a soldier. The ear was grown in the soldiers lower arm. 得克萨斯州军医成功地在一名士兵的身上移植了新的左耳。这

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Broadcast: Jan 31, 2003 More than 35,000 transplants have been done since Mexico's organ transplant system began in 1963. But desperate demand for donor organs is constantly outstripping supply. Last

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-健康之旅

Two New Films Examine Trauma of War 两部电影诊查战争伤痛 War, it has often been said, is hell. Less often noted are the ways that hell can continue for soldiers and civilians long after the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--体育娱乐看台

Oksana Dragan The name carved in black over the entrance to the three-story yellow brick building in a residential section in the heart of Washington, D.C. reads “La Clinica del Pueblo” - the Peop

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

PHILLIPS: A minivan does some major damage in a smash and grab robbery that's caught on tape. Vancouver, Washington tops our look at Cross Country this morning. Police reviewing the surveillance tape of a local bowling alley hit by a pair of robbers

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(一)月

1. In Denver, President Barack Obama is signing the economic stimulus bill into law today. He says the plan creates jobs, consumer spending and public optimism. It's the most sweeping economic package in decades and a big win for Obama's one-month-o

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(二)月

They'll get your pulse racing! 他们绝对让你血脉喷张! From working long hours and night shifts to making life and death decisions, being a doctor or nurse sounds more admirable than it does glamorous. 超负荷的工作时长、夜班、手握

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

土耳其为叙利亚难民设立学校 As the Syrian conflict approaches the end of its second year, authorities in neighboring Turkey have set up schools for refugee children. Most schools are in camps where some 200,000 Syrian refugees now live. B

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年3月

Here's what's left in the bag. Nope, sorry. I don't see your dignity. 袋子里就剩这个了。抱歉,没找到你的尊严。 Max, don't. Isn't it enough that I'm wearing dishwasher whites 麦克斯,别这样。难道我现在身穿洗碗工的大

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第二季

Cute, but I'm not interested. 人还行,但是我没兴趣 Besides, he's not my type. 再说了,他不是我的菜 Just say it. 你就直说吧 You're not interested in him because he's Puerto Rican. 你对他不感兴趣是因为他是波多黎各

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

HOMEWORKNow to that champion surfer. He's back home this morning after that terrifying shark attack and we are all happy that he is safe and ABC's T.J. Holmes is here with the story. Whats up, T.J.? Hey there, you fellows. We've seen the video. The w

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

1、女“性“英语 你真的听懂了对方在说什么吗?有些时候潜台词和字面的意思正相反... Yes = No. No = Yes. Maybe = No. I'm sorry = You'll be sorry. We need = I want. It's

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

Nitiya: OK, there is one other thing I want to ask you about America, I mean I see it a lot in movies, but I don't know whether it is true or not, do you really have so many serial killer in America? Todd: You mean people that go and they kill many p

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Angela Garvins alarm goes off at 6.30am every day. As a legal adviser, she has to be up early, and has a strict skin regime to get through. 安吉拉加文每天早上6点半被闹钟叫醒。作为一名法律顾问,她必须早起,而且还必须

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Of course, this has detrimental effects on the whole ecosystem of the Arctic ocean while also causing physical trauma and habitat relocation in whales. In terms of sea levels, melting sea ice won

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文