JUDY WOODRUFF: The scandal, and the fallout, over Volkswagen's cheating of emissions standards grew today. Just last week, the EPA alleged there was deceitful software in half-a-million cars. Today, Volkswagen raised that number significantly and tri

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈商业系列

we sport exact replicas of each others ears. Im taller and more muscular and shave. Hes slender and ungainly and is all knees and elbows. I reach up and pull my hair back from my face, show him the scar from the accident. Unconsciously, he mimics my

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 时间旅行者的妻子

Andy: Alright, Steve, can I ask you a few questions about your job? Steve: You certainly may. Andy: OK, what exactly do you do? Steve: Well, I work for a publishing company named Longman and I'm one of the sales reps that is based in your Osaka offic

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Over 130,000 personal ID numbers, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of buyers of Chinese train tickets have been leaked online, spurring a public outcry and fears of identity theft and fraud. A security monitoring platform revealed the leak on Thur

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Apple released on Wednesday the first significant update to its iOS 9 software for iPhones and iPads, though it might matter most to those who like to send emoji-laden messages about food. 这周三,苹果首次推出iPhone和iPad的iOS 9升级。此

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Remarks at the Intellectual Property Summit in Hong KongUS Attorney General Eric HolderOctober 18, 2010在香港国际知识产权峰会上的演讲美国司法部长 埃里克霍尔德2010年10月18日Thank you, Superintendent OGrady. I appreciate y

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

This is Computer Viruses and Threats explained by Common Craft 本期介绍电脑病毒及预防。 You've probably been sick before. It's not fun.In many cases, like the flu, you're sick because of a virustiny germs ready to multiply and spread from

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

Business. 商业。 Personalising online prices. 个性化网购价。 How deep are your pockets? 你的钱包有多鼓? Businesses are offered software that spots which customers will pay more. 能发现愿意多付钱客户的软件现可供企业使

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Larry和李华在谈李华教中文的事。李华会学到两个常用语:dumb down和win-win。 LL: So, when you teach first year Chinese you must really have to dumb down the material for the students. LH: 什么?Dumb down? 这是什么意思呀

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

英语会议实用口语大全 如果英语将是你的工作语言,那么用英语开会也会是家常便饭了,来看看用英语开会的全流程吧。 [1] 如何邀请他人参加会议 [2] 同意或拒绝参加会议 [3] 会议日程怎么写

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Killing the Clones 消灭兼容机 One of the great debates about Apple was whether it should have licensed its operating system more aggressively 关于苹果的激烈争论之一,就是它是否应该更积极地把操作系统 to other computer

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 11 (Xinhua) -- Apple on Friday said it will continue to investigate the unexpected iPhone battery drain as some users still see the problems after downloading a latest software update designed to address the issues. The recent iOS

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Fake apps are posing a growing threat to unsuspecting mobile phone users, the Beijing Times reported Tuesday. The fake apps come installed with malicious software that can track private data. 根据新京报周二报道,山寨应用正在日益威胁

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Microsoft's cloud-based software Microsoft Office 365 on Wednesday experienced its first major outage since its introduction in late June. At approximately 11:30 a.m. PDT, Microsoft became aware of a networking issu

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Jobs wanted to sell Pixar's computers to a mass market, 乔布斯想要把皮克斯的电脑卖给大众市场, so he had the Pixar folks open up sales officesfor which he approved the designin major cities, 于是他让皮克斯的人员在各大城

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. A new study looks at privacy in a world where computers can increasingly recognize faces in a crowd or online. Alessandro Acquisti at Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College in Pittsburgh, Pennsyl

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

BEIJING Volkswagen is recalling 1,950 diesel vehicles in China to correct engine software that the automaker has admitted cheats on emissions tests. 北京大众公司将在中国召回1950辆柴油汽车,修改发动机软件。大众承认,这个

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

You are listening to this podcast on a computer, or perhaps you have downloaded it from a computer to an MP3 player. So I am sure that you know what the words hardware and software mean. Hardware means the computer itself and other machines which are

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Another thing that can be very, very, very successful is 另外一件将会是非常非常成功的事情就是 there is a lot of people that may have retired from working in the software industry, and they can teach your kid. 我们国家有很多很多

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

honorable a.光荣的;可尊敬的 John wants to be a singer, but his father doesn't think it's an honorable profession. 约翰想当歌手,可是他爸爸却认为唱歌不是光荣的职业。 Honorable judges, ladies and gentlemen, I m honored

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(298) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500