A new ceasefire has been signed among Myanmar's armed ethnic groups and the government. Aung Min is one of the lead negotiators for the Myanmar government. The National Ceasefire Agreement we sign today has values which have more than an agreement. N

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

appear用作连系动词,其意为似乎好像,其后的表语可以是: 不定式 He appeared to be talking to himself. 他仿佛在跟自己讲话。 She didnt appear to know anything about it. 她似乎对此一无所知。 They appeared to

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

BEIJING, Jan. 1 (Xinhua) -- The Dallas Mavericks is set to sign free agent forward Yi Jianlian on a one-year deal, according to an ESPN report on Sunday. The 24-year-old Chinese averaged 5.6 points and 3.9 rebounds with Washington last season. Yi's b

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. 只倒满自己的杯子 When drinking alcohol with Japanese friends, it's considered rude if you are only filling your own glass. In Japan, it is proper etiquette to refill everyone else's glasses and not your own. If you fill someone else's glas

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Do you wear glasses? 你有戴眼镜么? I wear contact lenses. 我戴隐型眼镜。 Do you live at same address? 你住在上述地址么? Do you have any medical problems? 你的健康有问题么? Do you have any questions? 你有什么问题

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

WASHINGTON, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- U.S. state of Maryland's legislature on Thursday approved same sex marriage and the state's Democratic governor is expected to sign it into law. The state Senate voted 25-22 to approve the law, less than a week after t

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

She won the jackpot. Her lottery ticket was worth $32 million after taxes. She presented the ticket to lottery officials. They asked her to sign it. She was too nervous to sign it. She asked her son, 40, to sign it for her. He didn't sign her name to

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Mojo Mathers is New Zealands first deaf Member of Parliament. She is a list MP for the Green Party. She has been profoundly deaf since her birth but lip-reads well and can use New Zealand sign language. She also speaks clearly. In spite of her hearin

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Beginners. There are signs of the financial crisis in different parts of the town where I live. We hear on the news about people losing their jobs and their houses. Certain shops have closed, and so the buidings are empty. But, in another way, there

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

It seemed the great Black Parliament sitting in Tophet. 这倒象是陀斐特的伟大的黑人议会在开会。 A hundred black faces turned round in their rows to peer; and beyond, a black Angel of Doom was beating a book in a pulpit. 许多黑脸成

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Key Sentences(重点句子) 703.I'd like to know if there is any place in the hotel where I canamuse myself.请问饭店有没有娱乐的地方? 704.If you want to take a walk,you can go to the garden.您想散步可去花园。 705.It

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

THE HAGUE, July 30 (Xinhua) -- Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg reached a personal agreement with AS Roma on Saturday. On Friday Ajax and Roma already practically agreed on the transfer fee of around six million euros, but both clubs are still t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

在办公事务中,若有客户向你咨询一件你没有把握的事情,你该如何回答呢?我们看看下面这位是怎么回答的吧! A: Good morning. Can I help you? B: Good morning. Is this Modern Office Ltd.? A: Yes it is. B: I'm

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

[00:13.88]Beware of Dog! [00:16.14]小心有狗! [00:18.98]As a stranger entered a little country store, [00:23.11]he noticed a sign warning, [00:26.15]Danger! Beware of dog! [00:29.59]posted on the glass door. [00:32.12]Inside, he noticed a harmless

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

A: And the next thing you know, were running to- wards the... Oh...did you feel that? B: Yeah, dont worry about it; were just going through a bit of turbulence. C: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speak- ing. It looks like weve hit a patch

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

Demian by Hermann Hesse 7) Eva Once during my vacation I visited the house where years before Demian had lived with his mother. I saw an old woman strolling in the garden and, speaking with her, learned that it was her house. I inquired after the Dem

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Wellington airport plans to put up a big sign on a hillside overlooking the airport which says Wellywood. When tourists fly into Wellington, they will see the sign and they will learn that Wellington is famous for making movies. The sign would be a c

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

介词except后能接哪些成分 有这样一道题,是考查except用法的: A:Does he often come to see you? B:No,the never comes ________ he is in trouble. A. except B. except that C. except when D. except for 此题很容易误选B,因

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

BERLIN, May 14 (Xinhua) -- Relegated Bundesliga side Cologne signed coach Holger Stanislawski, the club said on their website on Monday. 42-year-old Stanislawski will thus shape Cologne to ensure a new beginning at second division. Holger Stanislawsk

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

If you had been in Manchester one day last year, you might have seen a man taking down a road sign, and then carrying it away and putting it up again on a different road. What was going on? It happened like this. In Britain, if you are driving a car,

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语