Lesson 35 No parking Mrs Boffin is driving the car. Professor Boffin is sitting on the back seat. Mrs Boffin stops. You mustnt park here, dear, Professor Boffin says. Why not?Mrs Boffin asks. Because it says,No Parking, Professor Boffin answers. I d

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 朗文3L看听学英语第二册

This is Scientific American 60 Second Science, I am Steve Mursky, Got a minute? Obese people have higher risks for diabetes, heart disease, arthritisand injuries in car accidents? Yes, in part because theyre far less likely to wear a seat belt. Thats

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

Asking someone to wait A: Would you please take a seat over there, madam? Ill let Mr. Emory know that youre here. B: Thanks. I can wait here. A: Well, it may take some time. Mr. Emorys at a meeting at the moment. It would probably be more comfortable

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Discussing overtime problems A: Excuse me, Mr. Graham? I have something I need to discuss with you. B: Im in a bit of a hurry, Louise. Can it wait? A: I would really appreciate it if we could talk for a few minutes now. Its about the overtime youve a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

1. I visited one of my relatives yesterday. 我昨天拜访了我的一个亲戚。 还能这样说: I called on one of my relatives yesterday. I dropped in one of my relatives yesterday. 应用解析: angels' visits 难得的愉快的访问; g

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

第23期:Getting on the Wrong Bus 搭错车(1) Y:Excuse me.Is this seat taken? Y:对不起,这个座位有人坐吗? X:No,it isn't. X:没有人坐。 Y:Am I on right bus to Chicago? Y:我坐的是往芝加哥去的公交车,对吧? X:Oh,no.This

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 出国旅游口语一本通

W: Can I help you? M: Yes, would you like to tell me what's playing for tomorrow? W: Sure. Dave Cooper will be doing one night. M: Are there any good seats left for his performance? W: Sorry, they all sold out. There is going to be a local rock conc

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

M: Here is my ticket and seat assignment. W: Thank you. That way, pls. M: May I have a pillow and blanket, pls? W: An attendant will pass them around after we take off. M: May I have headphones for the in-flight movie? W: No problem. Here are your he

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

经典句型:Take my seat,please. 请坐我的座位。 A:Take my seat,please. 甲:请坐我的座位。 B:Thank you. 乙:谢谢。 A:You're welcome. 甲:不客气。 经典句型:Please come here and take my seat. 请过来坐我的位置。 A:Pleas

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 生活口语天天说

The mean guy knocked the book out of his hands. Then the mean guy took a seat near the back of the room. The skinny guy waited a minute. Then he got out of his seat. Head down, he hurried over to his book. He picked it up and hurried back to his seat

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

05Stranger on an Airplane GLOSSARY window seat a seat on an airplane that is next to a window, not an aisle or amiddle seat between two seats* The views are better from a window seat, but I dont like to make everyonestand up when I need to go to the

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

I'd like to change my reservation on Flight number AR880 on the 16th of this month. 我想更改我预订的本月16日机号为AR880的航班。 Ok. 好的。 Can you change the reservation then, please? 能请你修改一下预订吗? I'm afraid

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

Short Conversation 办理搭乘手续 A:Can I see your passport,please? B:Here it is.I would like an aisle seat. A:Let me check.Yes,we have an aisle seat for you.It's forty-five C. B:Good.I will take it. A:How many bags are you checking in? B:Two

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文导学

为了看演唱会或者篮球赛,你会从黄牛党手里买票吗? Andrew: But, lets say you wanted to watch the Super Bowl or some major, major sporting event. Then you could be paying up to half a million dollars for a box seat. Harp: Wow! My

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

1. M: Today is a bad day for me; I fell off a step and twisted my ankle. W: Dont worry, usually ankle injuries heal quickly if you stop regular activities for a while. Q: What does the woman suggest the man do? A) Give his ankle a good rest. B) Treat

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

8 IT WAS TOO LATE to call up for a cab or anything, so I walked the whole way to the station. It wasn't too far, but it was cold as hell, and the snow made it hard for walking, and my Gladstones kept banging hell out of my legs. I sort of enjoyed the

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

Ill show you around. Please come with me. 我带你四处看看,请跟我来。 Ill show you around. Please come with me. 我带你四处看看,请跟我来。 Thank you. 谢谢。 I got a seat for you right here, so come over. 我把你的位子安

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 玩转商务英语900句

8 在飞机上 3句英文任你选 Could you show me where my seat is? 请告诉我,我的座位在哪里? How long will this flight last? 这趟班机要飞多久? Could you exchange seats with me? 我能和您换个位子吗? 半个句型要记牢

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语口语每天三句半

Natural Disasters Typhoon It is become more and more windy this afternoon. The Weather Bureau suggested that we should make preparations against the Typhoon. For fare that the electricity will cut off, people storm into convenience store to grab can

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

A doctor who was dragged off a United flight after he refused to give up his seat to crew members has reached a settlement last Thursday with the airline for undisclosed amount. 前段时间,一位医生在乘坐美国联合航空公司的飞机时,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻