WASHINGTON Hes been called polarizing, efficient and autocratic - often in the same sentence. No Indian politician has generated so much attention and focus in recent years as India's next prime minister, Narendra Modi, whose Bharatiya Janata Party s

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON, Jan. 15 (Xinhua) -- The annual London Theater Critics Circle Award ceremony on Tuesday saw a top honor going to the Shakespeare Globe Theater. The awards event allows national and international theater critics the opportunity to mark the best

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BERLIN, Feb. 22 (Xinhua) -- Stunning sides Freiburg and Frankfurt shared points at the opener of the 23rd round following a goalless draw on Friday. Frankfurt staged a better first half whereas Freiburg almost broke the deadlock at the second half ow

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Lenovo smartphone unveiled last Thursday will be clever enough to grasp your physical surroundings such as the room's size and the presence of other people and potentially transform how we interact with e-commerce, education and gaming. 联想公司于

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(375) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The United Nations' special envoy on Ebola says anti-Ebola vaccines could be made available next year. David Nabarro says phase-one trials are currently underway on two candidate vaccines. I think the situation with regards to anti-Ebola vaccines is

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2016-06-28 Kenya Hosts Refugee Olympic Athletes 肯尼亚举办难民奥运会 When athletes from around the world march in the opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Games, one team will walk into the stadium without a country flag. The team

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

It's been my experience that an event looked forward to with much impatient desire does not always bring its promised satisfaction. 语音讲解 单词发音 experience /ɪkˈspɪəriəns $ -ˈspɪr-/ desire /dɪˈzaɪə $ -ˈzaɪr/ looked/lʊkt/ pro

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

BERLIN, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- Home side Leverkusen cruised to a 3-0 win over Rapid Wien to wrap up their third win in Group K and a ticket for the round of 32 in UEFA Europa League on Thursday. The Werkelfs sits on second position in Group K after this

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Thousands of protesters have taken to the streets of Manchester, protesting amid the Conservative Party's Autumn conference. As CRI's UK Correspondent Tu Yun reports, the demonstration in Manchester is said to be a pre-cursor of a much larger nation-

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

President Xi Jinping, accompanied by his wife Peng Liyuan, received a grand and warm welcome on Tuesday in London. The welcoming activities reflected the great importance the UK attaches to its relations with China. While addressing the British parli

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

I dressed slowly in my most comfy sweats and then made my bed something I never did. 我慢慢地穿上自己最舒适的汗衫,把床铺好我很少这样做的。 I couldn't put it off any longer. I went to my desk and switched on my old computer. 我

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Airbus Warns It Could Leave in Event of 'No-Deal' Brexit The chief of Airbus on Thursday warned that the aviation company could move its United Kingdom operations out of Britain. The move might happen if the country leaves the European Union without

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

?备考英语四级写作应该采用怎样的方法?要知道适合自己的才是最好的。下面是对备考2014年6月英语四级写作的三大建议。 一、功能段落突破CET写作 To be or not to be: that is a question.莎士比亚如是

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

What's the difference between a little lie and a whopper of a lie? If you say either the intention behind the lie or the ramifications of the lie, you're right in line with what most people believe the difference to be. 小鬼话和弥天大谎之间,

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

MADRID, Nov. 17 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona on Thursday announced that the club has reached an agreement to assure the future of young striker Rafinha Rafa Alcantara until the end of June, 2015. The 18-year-old Rafinha is the younger brother of Barcelon

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Rachel Carson (1907-1964) was a pioneer of the global environmental movement through her writing about conservation. Her 1962 book Silent Spring made her famous. It describes the harmful effects on the environment of using toxic chemicals on farmland

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

Zimbabwean President Emmerson Mnangagwa is pledging more efforts to improve the competencies of the country's army. At an event to celebrate Zimbabwe's 38th Defence Forces Day, President Mnangagwa acknowledged the critical role of the country's Defen

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Now when these poor sun-burnt mariners, bare-footed, and with their trowsers rolled high up on their eely legs, had wearily hauled their fat fish high and dry, promising themselves a good 150 pounds from the precious oil and bone; and in fantasy sipp

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

Judging from his pile of train tickets, Xie Cheng must travel a lot. So its odd that the 24-year-old history major knows nothing about the local attractions or food in the cities hes visited Qingdao, Lanzhou, Changchun, Yichang, Changzhou, Shijiazhua

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

China has recently submitted a post-2020 climate change pledge to the United Nations, promising that compared with 2005, China will cut its CO2 output per unit of GDP by between 60 and 65 percent by 2030. Zou Ji, the deputy director at the National C

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台