1. From bad to worse in the Gulf of Mexico, the Coast Guard now says five times more oil a day than previously believed is spewing into the gulf from a blown-out well. The Coast Guard says it's a new leak, giving off 5,000 barrels a day. The leading

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(五月)

We did a report: How to Make Nuclear Cheap. 我们做了一个报告:《如何降低核能价格》。 In particular, the thorium reactor shows a lot of promise. 具体来说,钍反应堆带来了光明的前景。 And so when the climate scienti

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

President Xi Jinping will address the bank's inauguration ceremony in Beijing, with Premier Li Keqiang scheduled to give a speech to the founding conference of the AIIB council during the afternoon. Over the coming three days, the bank's board of dir

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Details about agents 代理细节 Frankly speaking, you're not the only one who applies for an agent for us in your country. 坦率地讲,你们不是唯一向我们申请在贵国做我们代理的公司, I'd like to know your advantages. 我想知

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

I meandered through the streets, which were filling up with end-of-the-workday traffic, and hoped I was headed toward downtown. 我漫步着穿过街道,一心希望自己正在走向闹市区,街上正挤满了下班的车流。 I wasn't paying

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

And I knew in that I had my answer. 然后我知道,我已经得出答案了。 I didn't know if there ever was a choice, really. 我甚至不知道这里面是否真的有过一个抉择。 I was already in too deep. Now that I knew, 我已经陷得

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

To avoid these handicaps, foreign firms are ploughing money into co-productions with local partners. 为了避开这些障碍,外国公司与当地合伙人投资拍合拍片。 Yet Chinese culture has proven even harder to master than its politics

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Without the cell, they are nothing more than interesting chemicals. 没有细胞,它们只是有意思的化学物质。 But without the chemicals, the cell has no purpose. 但要是没有这些化学物质,细胞就毫无用处。 As the physici

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

There are now more than fifty KIPP schools across the United States, with more on the way. 现在美国已经有50多家KIPP学校,但按照这种趋势发展,将来还会有更多家。 The KIPP program represents one of those promising new educ

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

A craze for lifelike dolls thought to bring good luck is sweeping Thailand, reflecting widespread anxiety as the economy struggles and political uncertainty persists nearly two years after a coup. 泰国最近刮起了一股追捧仿真玩偶的热潮,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

You keep promising me That you're you're gonna try That things are gonna change But when babe I'm on the edge of this Don't make me jump I wish You'd give me more than this Babe you don't So tired Of asking you for Attention Need more Than you're giv

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

The U.S.-based financial ratings agency Standard Poors has revised its credit outlook for India from stable to negative. The downgrade has brought into sharp focus the challenges of India's slowing economy. Standard Poors revised outlook for India fr

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LOS ANGELES, April 1 (Xinhua) -- Country music superstar Taylor Swift was named entertainer of the year at Sunday night's Academy of Country Music Awards (ACM) in Vegas, repeating her victory of last year. Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean and Kelly Clar

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: SamsungElectronicsagreedtobuyHarmanInternationalIndustries,anAmericanautomotive-technologycompany,for$8bn.Thedealisthelatestinastringofmovesbybigtechnologyfirmstobenefitfromtheriseoftheconnectedcar.Samsungisparticularlykeentogainastro

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

本期内容: SamsungElectronicsagreedtobuyHarmanInternationalIndustries,anAmericanautomotive-technologycompany,for$8bn.Thedealisthelatestinastringofmovesbybigtechnologyfirmstobenefitfromtheriseoftheconnectedcar.Samsungisparticularlykeentogainastro

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Chapter 29 Charlemagne 第二十九章 查理曼大帝 How Charlemagne, the king of the franks, came to bear the title of emperor and tried to revive the old ideal of world-empier 法兰克人的国王查理曼赢得皇冠,试图重温世界帝国的

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

REED VREELAND: I found out I was HIV-positive when I was 7 years old. I was told by my dad. He actually took me out to a really, very scenic location. I remember a picnic bench and a lot of grass around. RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: The scene stood in sharp

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Section A 1. M: The Dean just announced that Dr. Holden''s going I''ll miss you guys while I''m working here in the library. W:I knew it all along! He''s the obvious choice. All the other candidates a

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Economics Brief 经济学简论 Overlapping generations: Kicking the can down an endless road 代代叠加:拖无止境 The final brief in our series on big economic ideas looks at the costs (and benefits) of passing on the bill to the next generat

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

In order to tell what I believe, I must briefly sketch something of my personal history. The turning point of my life was my decision to give up a promising business career and study music. My parents, although sympathetic, and sharing my love of mus

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读