Vocabulary:重要词汇 reputation 声誉 estimate估计;衡量 vendor卖方 test the waters市场测试 priority优先 awarded给予 ballpark相近的;估算的 drill演习 marble筹码 delivery运送 stock存货;现货

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 谈判英语

What Matters Most No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. 1 Corinthians 13:3b (Msg) Love means living the way God commanded us to live. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is this: Live a life of

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 标杆人生

Don't make money a top priority. People who say money is one of their most important goals score lower for mental health, according to a variety of studies conducted over the past decade by Dr. Tim Kasser, associate psychology professor at Knox Colle

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

With prices at the pump up nearly a dollar in the past year, there are now lots of Americans offering gas-guzzling cars for sale at bargain prices. But as we hear from CNBC's Phil LeBeau downsizing to a model that seems more fuel-efficient could cost

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Enough was enough. After four years of devoting herself to Ward, Leah had given up. Im moving to New York, she said. He couldnt believe it. He begged her to give him one more chance. She said she had already given him one more chance too many times.

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

ESL Podcast 272 Time Management GLOSSARY to be snowed under to have too much work to do; to be very busy* During finals week, students are snowed under with exams and essays. efficient able to do things very well and very quickly, without wasting tim

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

Matthew / England speaker Well, space travel is very exciting. A very wonderful thing. It's pretty hard to argue that we need space travel if you have people living in poverty in your country. Perhaps we need to have our priorities set first. Lindsay

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Hi, everybody. 大家好! As President, my top priority is rebuilding an economy where everybody who works hard has the chance to get ahead. 作为总统,我最首要的职责就是重建一个让所有辛勤工作的人都能取得成功的经济环

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

AS IT IS 2015-05-14 Southeast Asian Nations Refuse Calls to Rescue Migrants 东南亚国家拒绝救助移民 Thousands of Bangladeshis and ethnic Rohingya from Myanmar remain stranded on boats off the coasts of Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. Howe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

By Scott Bobb Huambo, Angola 24 July 2007 Princess Diana uses a remote switch to trigger the detonation of some explosive ordinance dug up by mine sweepers in Huambo, Angola, 15 Jan 1997 The world recently marked the 10th anniversary of the death of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Petraeus Cites Progress, But Says Difficult, Uncertain Year Ahead in Afghanistan, Iraq The commander who oversees U.S. military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan says the training of Afghan security forces is being overhauled. General David Petraeus

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

We were shocked. We had assumed that if millions of children were dying and they could be saved, the world would make it a priority to discover and deliver the medicines to save them. But it did not. For under a dollar, there were interventions that

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Todd: So, Simon, I have to congratulate you. I hear you have new child. Simon: That's right. Todd: Wow. You're a papa. (Yeah) So what's it like being a father? Simon: Well, it is a completely different lifestyle than before - Papahood, parenthood. Ye

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Before this round of China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogue, a senior official from the US Department of State told CCTV that the US will push forward the negotiations on bilateral investment and trade. During the interview, Principal Deputy Assist

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

There are more rescue workers on the scene than ever, but the sense of urgency seems to have gone. It's more than 24 hours since anyone was pulled out of here alive. Police officers thought they heard a woman calling out from the ruins of a church, b

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

By Arash Arabasadi Washington 05 September 2007 For many, sports are recreational fun; a way to pass the time. But for the few both lucky and good enough to compete as adults, sports can be the gateway to a lucrative career playing at the professiona

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Officials in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata are saying the death toll from the fire that burnt down an illegal 6 storey market building with just 1 exit point could still rise. At least 19 people are said to have died so far in the early morning

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Mark: Hi, Sorie. Talking about money, do you worry about money? Sorie: Yes, I do. I especially worry about the future, about my retirement plan. And Im not saving any money at the moment. And I have friends around me that are already saving up for th

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: One of the most consoling aspects of animals it might be a dog, a sheep, a lizard or a beetle is that their priorities have nothing whatsoever to do with our own perilous and tortured agendas. Th

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Request diversion to the nearest suitable airport due AC BUS failure. 501. 我们一个交流汇流条故障了,申请备降到最近合适机场。 We are not supplying power to our DC BUS. Request priority landing. 502. 我们不再为直流汇流条

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 飞行员英语900句