A significant downturn in the Fortunes of several Australian fashion brands,most even go to foreign hands.Billabong's 72% slide in half year profits,pumped a take over offer could form global priority firm TPG but the offer was rejected.Pacific brand

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: President Trump is promising to give priority to Christian refugees fleeing persecution, yet some of the strongest criticism of his executive order is coming from Christian leaders themselves. Some say the temporary ban on refuge

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

[Photo: Xu Jun, Xinhua] The idea of seeing a family doctor is still a new thing for many Chinese. But that may soon be different. As a pioneering project, southwestern Sichuan province provides family doctor services to more than 32 million of its ci

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

lesson 48 broker 经纪人 convertible 可换证券 finance 资金 fritter 挥霍 gilt 金边证券 heady 令人陶醉的 Las Vegas 拉斯韦加斯 mortgage 抵押贷款 pedestrian 平淡无奇的 pension 养老金 portfolio 投资组合 priority 优先

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册单词MP3

A: Welcome to the National Post. How may I help you? B: Hi, I would like to send this package to China, and these postcards as well. A: Very well. You will need some stamps for the postcards and I need to weigh that package, too. B: Great. How much i

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

According to statistics from the Ministry of Transportation and Communications (MOTC), the number of people who died from drunk driving decreased by 20 percent in 2007. Cracking down on drunk driving will remain the ministry's topmost priority this y

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

《英语流行话题阅读:语境识词3500》Unit 34 我不会让儿子上大学

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语境识词

defendant被告 deprive剥夺 discern辩明 priority优先 probation察看 procedure程序 prone倾向于 prosecute起诉 revelation暴露 revise复习 objection异议 sanction批准 scrutiny详细审查 session会议 species种类 spokesman发言人

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 80天攻克雅思核心词汇

Ruby: Im snowed under with work! I cant seem to keep up with everything I have to do. Youre always so organized and efficient. How do you do it? Ian: Im not always organized and efficient, but Ive gotten better since I read a book about time manageme

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

UNCalledontoFulfillFamilyPlanningPromises Its estimated that every year nearly 360,000 women die from pregnancy-related causes. Most of the deaths are in sub-Saharan Africa. As the United Nations General Assembly opens a new session, its being called

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

非洲人认为就业比医疗更重要 A new report says sub-Saharan Africans rate their health and health care systems among the worst in the world. Nevertheless, improving health is not their top priority. 一份新报道称撒哈拉南部非洲人将

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(七月)

By Alisha Ryu Mogadishu 05 May 2007 The new mayor of Somalia's troubled capital says he has implemented tough measures to help secure Mogadishu and is appealing for international help to restore badly-needed services. Mohamed Dheere spoke to VOA Corr

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Philippine Nurses in US Seek Help for Typhoon Survivors 美国的菲律宾护士设法帮助台风幸存者 HOUSTON, TEXAS Nearly 200,000 Filipinos work as nurses in hospitals and clinics across the United States. They, and many other Philippine Amer

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十一月)

Now joining us again in the studio is Current Affairs Commentator, Mr. Gao Zhikai. Q1: Mr. Gao, compared with prior search and rescue efforts in China, what impressed you most about this one? Q2: With the search and rescue effort now almost complete,

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

今天我们要学的词是pressing。 Pressing, 紧迫的。芝加哥市的市长说, Crime fighting is the city's most pressing challenge, 击犯罪是芝加哥市最为紧迫的挑战。 The most pressing issue for the current administration is

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Carolyn Weaver Washington, DC 04 August 2006 watch World Bank Aid Malaria and HIV/AIDS still afflict Africans disproportionately When he became World Bank president 14 months ago, Paul Wolfowitz said it was clear that Africa had to be at the top

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

By Phuong Tran Dakar 12 February 2007 Africa's porous borders and location have made it an attractive destination for drug traffickers. Health and government officials worry how this trend affects the growing rate of HIV infection on the continent.

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

When U.S. President Barack Obama travels to Moscow next week for a summit with Russian President Dimitry Medvedev he will take the somewhat unusual step of taking the top U.S. military officer with him. Admiral Mike Mullen's presence is partly relat

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

Clerk: Can I help you? Tamika: Id like to buy some stamps. Clerk: In what denomination? Tamika: Im not sure. I need them for sending regular letters and for Priority Mail. Clerk: The current rate for sending a first-class letter is 41 cents. With fir

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Christchurch learnt today that the rugby games as part of the World Cup will be moved to other cities. This is because of damage to the stadium. There is damage to the field and damage to the stands where people sit. Another problem is the lack of ac

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语