Donny 在北京学中文。他的中国朋友要是遇到了不知道用美语怎么说的词,就会来请教他。今天是杨林要问的:忙。 Donny:Hi 杨琳,what's up? I haven't seen you in ages. YL: 别提了,我最近特别忙,I a

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之旅行交通购物

Brian sat down for dinner. He sat down in the chair. He sat down at the table. He looked at his white plate. He looked at his silver fork. He looked at his silver spoon. His dad said, Pass me your plate, Brian. His dad put white rice on the plate. Hi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

The children gathered in the living room to discuss what they should do next. But how can we prove that Winifred took Midnight? Violet asked. We cant, said Henry. Not yet, at least. Well need to look for evidence that Midnight was stolen. But we cant

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 77 The Mystery of the Wild Pon

请慢用 请慢用! A: Wonderful! 很好! B: Thank you, sir. Please enjoy your meal. 谢谢!请慢用! 同类问句: The soup is ready, please enjoy! 汤已经盛好了,请慢用! No, I think that's enough for me. Thank you for your se

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 酒店英语口语就该这么说

Five things you should know about earthquakes. 关于地震你应该知道的5点 Number one, an earthquake occurs when two blocks of the Earth slip fast each other. Now, for most of the time, those blocks are together with friction. But they are bui

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年11月

A: What a wonderful dinner you've prepared, Ashley! B: Thanks, Joe. Would you like some wine, mango juice, or water to go with your dinner? A: I think that a glass of wine would be perfect. B: Here is your beverage. If you pass me your plate, I can d

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 社交英语

I stepped inside, flicked on the porch light, and turned to look at him with my eyebrows raised. 我走进屋,打开门廊灯,然后转过身来扬起眉看着他。 I was sure I'd never used that key in front of him. 我很确定我从没在他面

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

TABLE MANNERS AT A DINNER PARTY People who go to a formal Western dinner party for the first time may be surprised by table manners in Western culture. Knowing them will help you make a good impression. Having good table manners means knowing,for exa

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

A: When you get a chance, could you take my drink order, please? B: On this flight you may have your choice of bar drinks or coffee, tea, or soft drinks. A: What is the price of drinks? B: Our alcoholic beverages are five dollars apiece. All others a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

Why Do Zebras Have Stripes? For many animals, camouflage is an important part of survival. A leopards spotted coat and a polar bears white fur help them blend into their respective environments. But a zebras bold stripes cant help to disguise it in i

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

陈豪昨天晚上陪一位总裁去出席晚宴,可是他还个问题不太清楚。为了请教美籍华人Mary,他约她今晚一起去美国餐馆吃晚饭。 (Restaurant ambience) M:嗨,陈豪,how's last night's dinner? Everything OK?

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 职场礼节英语

Eddie made a sandwich. He made a sandwich for lunch. He made a turkey sandwich for lunch. He put two slices of bread in the toaster. He pushed down the toaster handle. He took some turkey out of the refrigerator. He sliced the turkey. He put it into

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

I love eating at all-you-can-eat buffets. It doesn't matter what kind of food it is, I'm up for it. Last week, I went to a high-end seafood buffet with my friends. We walked in and the hostess seated us at a table. She asked if we wanted to order any

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

A: What are you here for today? B: I need to fight this ticket that I got. A: Is the arresting officer here? B: Yes, he is, Your Honor. A: Plead your case. B: I was told by the officer that I ran a red light. That information isn't true. A: Why would

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

She had a lot of money. She was a generous woman. She was once poor. She understood what it was like. She wanted to help out. On Christmas day, she handed out food to the poor. She made the food herself. She put a turkey leg, a scoop of mash potatoes

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第5级听力-English Level 5

情景对话: Claire: We really need this. Mitch: Claire, I'm really swamped today, and I Claire: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. 知识点讲解: 1、Swamped 忙得不可开交 通常是因为接到很多工作、问题而忙。 例句一: I'm sorry, b

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Todd: Nydja, we were talking about education and praising students. Do you think that students today are praised too much? Nydja: I do. I don't think that they need as much praise for poor work. If they're doing good work, then of course they deserve

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

They'd let the queen kill Lady, that was horrible enough, but then the Hound found Mycah. 他们袖手旁观,让王后杀了淑女,这本来已经够糟,后来又任猎狗逮着了米凯。 Jeyne Poole had told Arya that he'd cut him up in so m

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

#1 I'm swamped! Swamp: 沼泽 忙死了最形象、最对应的英语说法: It's the end of the year. I'm swamped. 年底,忙死了! I'm swamped by work. 全是工作! I'm feeling so swamped. 感觉忙不过来、喘不过气! #2 I'm drown

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀