14Setting the Table GLOSSARY Its not everyday that a phrase used to show that something happens only rarely and is not common or usual* Its not everyday that my favorite singer visits my hometown to perform! china porcelain dishes; very nice ceramic

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

She opened the refrigerator. She took a carrot out of the refrigerator. She took a carrot peeler out of the kitchen drawer. She peeled the carrot. She put the carrot skin on a white plate. She rinsed the carrot peeler. She chopped off the two ends of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. And I'm Barbara Klein. Today on our program, we visit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington, D.C. to learn about how American dollars are made. Last year, th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

bed 床 cigarette 香烟 cupboard 橱柜 desk 书桌 dressing table 梳妆台 floor 地板 magazine 杂志 newspaper 报纸 on the bed 在床上 on the chair 在椅子上 on the cupboard 在橱柜上 on the desk 在书桌上 on the dressing table 在梳

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册单词MP3

die of 因而死 disease 疾病 Egyptian 埃及的 figure 体形,人像 have an operation 做手术 last 持续 mark 斑点 mummy 木乃伊 normally 通常地 plate (相片)底片 prove 显示出 rare disease 罕见的疾病 resin 树脂 sectio

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

Do nothing by halves. 凡事不可半途而废。 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.05

Good news for big time networking primates. Other primates that live in large social groups have more street smarts than their comrades with smaller social circles. So finds in a study in the journal Plus1, researchers tested the circumstances under

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

Jack: Are you still hungry, Ryan? How about some more squid balls? Ryan: Squid balls? How about some more fruit! Jack: Wow! You really like fruit, huh? You've already had 3 plates! Ryan: Yeah, it's funny. I usually don't ever eat fruit... Jack: Well,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

The following week, at Ron's restaurant Nicole: Good afternoon, Uncle Giovanni! Giovanni: Since when was I your uncle? What's that? Nicole: It's 20 pounds of my homemade Fettucini. Giovanni: You want me to buy it? Nicole: No. I want to make it for yo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

05Ordering Food for Delivery GLOSSARY delivery order when a restaurant takes a food order by phone and then, oftenby car, brings the food to a persons home or office* I was hungry but didnt want to leave my house, so I called the pizza restaurantand

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

The 36-year-old bachelor ate his usual lunch at home. He had an apple, a ham sandwich with a sliced dill pickle, a bowl of chicken noodle soup with a couple of soda crackers, and a small candy bar, all washed down with an eight-ounce glass of milk. A

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

In Africa, New Technologies Help Teach Women to Read 在非洲,新技术帮助教女人阅读 More Africans are communicating via text, social media and email. In Senegal, literacy experts are using the new technologies to motivate and teach women

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

A: What are you doing here today? B: I would like to fight my ticket. A: Is the arresting officer in the courtroom today? B: Yes, the officer is here today. A: What's your case? B: I was pulled over for running a red light, but I never did. A: Do you

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Rescuers in and around Mexico City are still digging through rubble, searching for survivors of yesterday's massive earthquake. It happened at 1 p.m. local time, in the middle of the school and work day. Buildings fell across five

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

【生词预览】 driveoff 驾车离去, plate 车辆号码牌 【笑话原文】 IGottheLicensePlateNumber MarywasathomewatchingTVwithherfriendswhensheheardanoise.Sheranoutjustintimetoseeathiefdriveoffinhercar. Didyouseehisface? Herfriendsaskedwh

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Is a fever always bad? That's the question for this Moment of Science. Don: [COUGHING] Y: Sounds like you have a bad cold, Don. D: [COUGHING] Y: Do you need some cough medicine? D: Nope. Y: Tylenol?? D: No thanks. Y: Don't you want anything to help y

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

Topics: Cities: Boston; vanity license plates, to make a difference versus to make the difference, lame, devils advocate Words: New England founded massacre East/West Coast accent ancestor license plate vanity to register (a car) motto to make a diff

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Order clerk: Hello, Torinos Restaurant. Nancy: Hello, Id like to place a delivery order. Order clerk: Can I have your address and the major cross streets, please? Nancy: Its 1212 Main Street, and the nearest cross streets are Speedway and Highland. O

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

现代酒店英语实务教程 14(上菜服务与席间服务)

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 现代酒店英语