AMERICAN MOSAIC - Critics' Picks for Best Books and Movies of the Year DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Doug Johnson. Today on our show: the best books and movies from two thousand eleven. Plus, we play some

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(474) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Listening. Listen carefully to the tape. Mr.Brown's landlady has many house rules. Write down five of them. It's that woman. She drives me crazy. It all started right from the very first day. I was saying from the very first evening when I set foot i

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

The day of the invention convention was getting close. Thanks to Mr. Percy, Alice Putters clocks ticked and tocked along. Soon Grandfather and Ms. Putter would be back. The children could hardly wait to show them the new inventions and ask Ms. Putter

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 95 The Midnight Mystery

The Aldens and Aunt Jane got back to the train station in plenty of time before the train had to leave. As they walked out onto their track, Jessie pointed and said, Look, thats Annie over there. She was still sitting on her suitcase and holding the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 51 The Mystery on the Train

I dont have to work at the park this morning, so Im going to walk to town to do a little shopping, Lainey said the next morning after breakfast. Who wants to come with me? I do, said Benny. Me, too, echoed Jessie and Violet. Count me in, Henry said.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: But you still looking at your dream, reviewing it every day and saying to yourself: IT'S NOT OVER, UNTIL I WIN.You can live your dream. 但是你仍然可以每天审视和奔向自己的梦想,并

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

A: Could I speak with the manager about some problems in the pool area? B: Sure, what seems to be the problem? A: My apartment is next to the pool, and there seems to be some really late-night partying going on out there. B: The hours for the pool ar

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Are you, are you Coming to the tree Where they strung up a man They say murdered three. Strange things did happen here No stranger would it seem If we met up at midnight In the hanging tree. Are you, are you Coming to the tree Where the dead man call

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

Lesson 9 Knock 1.Opportunity knocks but onec. 2.Knock it off,you big mouth! 3.I knocked my socks at the E-mail. 4.That fantastic BMW knocks me dead. 5.We didn't knowk off until 5 o'clock. 6.Let's knock around this topic. 7.He graduated from the schoo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

8OneStartoAnother Whowasthatguy?saidJack.Whatdoeshismapmean? Idontknow,saidAnnie.Butletsseeifitworks. Jacktookadeepbreath.Yeah,wedbetterhurryback.IthinkImrunningoutofair.Itfeelshardertobreathe. Forme,too,saidAnnie. Goslow.Dontbreathetoomuch,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

6HighJump Whoisthat?saidJack. Idontknow,saidAnnie.Butwellsoonfindout!Shestartedwaving. No!saidJack.Hegrabbedherarm.Letsgobacktothebasebeforehegetshere! Why?saidAnnie. Wedontknowwhoheis!saidJack.Wedontknowifhesfriendlyormeanorwhat. Butwecantgoback,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

5HangOn! Anniedrovethemoonbuggyoverbumpsandhollows.Itbuckedlikeabronco. Imgoingthroughthere!Shepointedtoanopeningbetweentwomountains. Jackheldontothedashboard. Thebuggybumpedtowardtheopeningandshotthrough. Ontheotherside,thegroundwasevenrockier. Lo

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

3OpenSesame! ThefourthMthingmustbeoutthere,saidAnnie. Besidethedoorwasabuttonwiththewordopenonit.Anniereachedforthebutton. Wait!Jackgrabbedherhand.Theresnoaironthemoon.Remember? Oh.Right.ButwehavetogoouttofindtheMthing. Letsseewhatthebooksays,sai

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

今天我们要学的词是 power. Power is spelled p-o-w-e-r, power. Power 大家都知道,power是权力,但是power另外一个常用的意思是电力。美国首都华盛顿周边地区上周五晚上遭受暴风雨袭击。More than 640,000

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

1.do one thing at a time, and do well. 翻译:一次只做一件事,做到最好! 2.never forget to say

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Todd: Let's talk about the evening, night time activities. -- Trevor what do you do in the evening? Trevor: Then I get home from work, I like to relax, have a drink and watch TV. Todd: OK. When do you usually get home at night? Trevor: About 7:00 or

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Parliament is in urgency when the government wants to pass a law in a hurry. In this case, the government is in a hurry to set up the new Auckland super-city council before the local body elections in November next year. The government wants to set u

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

本期内容: The darkest hour is that before the dawn 黎明前的时分是最黑暗的 首先,我们来学习一个单词 dawn D-A-W-N 黎明,破晓 我们可以总结一些表示一天中时间段的词 比如 中午 noon N-O-O-N 黄昏 twil

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

今天我们要学的词是fatally。Fatally副词,意思是致命的、毁灭性的。A woman was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer after she called 911 to report a possible assault near her home just before midnight.一名女性在半夜

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

《舞林争霸》第六季洛杉矶海选黑人舞者安静配乐 Always Midnight by Pat Monahan Seems like it's Always Midnight, Sweeping up broken glass after every fight With the sound of a train that I could've been on Reminding me that the last

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲