VOICE ONE: Im Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: Choe U-Rams mechanical flower And Im Pat Bodnar with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we travel to the warm and sunny city of Miami, Florida to visit the largest modern art show in the United States.

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十二)月

1. The Muslim Brotherhood declared Monday early its candidate Mohammed Morsi is the winner in Egypt's presidential election. This just days after the military government dissolved parliament and granted itself authority to make laws and determine Egy

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(六月)

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Lots of people have a favorite city. Maybe it is the city where they were born, or the place of their happiest memories. Or maybe it is just a place they would like to call home. Today, we

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(一)月

Spain's prime minister is hailing his country's bailout as a victory for the euro, but also acknowledges that Spain's 25% unemployment rate is likely to rise before it goes down. Lauren Frayer reports from Madrid on the Spanish leader's first comment

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Here we give you the top 5 reasons to make it to Miami. 1 Beaches The beach tops the list. Miami is a tropical city, making the beach an ideal destination. Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park on Key Biscayne is a favorite spot that ranks among the top

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We listen to some music from Alice Smith /P Answer a question about two American actors /P And tell about an art museum in Miami, Florida. Marg

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(一)月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The editorial boards of the Miami Herald, Palm Beach Post and South Florida Sun Sentinel are working together to issue a warning with help from WLRN public media. They want people to take the threat of sea level rise seriously. Fre

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

By Lisa Ferdinando Miami 01 August 2006 A woman flies the Cuban flag from her vehicle as she drives in Miami's Little Havana neighborhood Tuesday Cuban exiles in Miami are celebrating the news that Cuban President Fidel Castro has temporarily handed

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

By Lisa Ferdinando Miami 11 July 2006 Many people in Miami's Cuban community are praising Washington's continued efforts to promote democracy in Cuba. This comes after President Bush's Monday approval of a new, multi-million-dollar program to suppor

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

文本: Joey: How do you get a monkey into a zoo? Chandler: I know that one! ...No, that's Popes into aVolkswagen. Ross: Well, we're applying to a lot of them. Naturally our first choice would be one of the bigger state zoos, y'know, like, uh, San

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

GWEN IFILL: But, first, school districts across the country are going high-tech, incorporating educational apps and digital programs into the classroom. But fears about the privacy and security of students' personal information are on the rise. Speci

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

I wanna love you inside out Wanna love you inside out Baby, give it to me, no doubt Cause I wanna love you inside out I wanna love you inside out Show me what your inside bout I don't wanna know no word of mouth Cause I wanna love you inside out I wa

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

In Miami, there was jubilant celebration over Fidel Castros death; in Havana, shock and disbelief. 在迈阿密,人们热烈庆祝菲德尔.卡斯特罗(Fidel Castro)的去世;在哈瓦那,人们的情绪是震惊和不相信。 In La Tropical

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1.大西洋岸(美东E.C):(W.C.=West Coast; E.C.=East Coast)美东岸主要有:NY或NYK(New York);Savannah沙瓦纳;Baltimore巴尔的摩;Norfolk诺福克. Miami迈阿密;Charleston查尔(里)斯顿;Houston休斯顿;Bo

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. There is no escaping this arctic blast hitting the U.S. Even those usually born in Miami had to put on jackets when they hit the beach. Residents in Auckland Miami are also complaining about cold snap with forecaster say it could linger into early

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(一月)

节奏布鲁斯:Lil Eddie - Hollyhood 相关介绍 :Lil' Eddie,原名Edwin Serrano。1984年7月12日生于美国纽约,一位相当有才华的RB/Soul歌手兼制作人。2004年他签约到了Yellowman/Big 3 Records唱片公司,19岁的他随即

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

McDonalds left an audience of fashionistas drooling after the fast food chain's packaging made its way all over a runway during fashion week in Florida. 佛罗里达时装周上,快餐连锁麦当劳给模特们穿上各种快餐包装T台走秀,留

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

NEW YORK, March 6 (Xinhua) -- Indiana Pacers forward Danny Granger will miss another week even though an MRI exam showed no new damage to his left knee, the team announced on Wednesday. Granger missed the first 55 games of the season for the Pacers b

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Key Sentences(重点句子) 892.What do you plan to do for your holiday? 你打算假期干什么? 893.Miami is the perfect place to be on holiday.迈阿密是个度假的理想的地方。 894.I've dreamed a thousand times that I could l

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. Los Angeles police say a man believed to be connected to the slaying of publicist Ronni Chasen shot himself to death at a Hollywood hotel just as police served a search warrant. The man's name and his connection to Chasen have not been released. S

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十二月)