美古复交 美籍古巴人情绪复杂 President Barack Obama's decision to ease restrictions on U.S. trade with Cuba is attracting a lot of attention from the business community, with many companies poised to enter the last communist stronghold in

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年12月

From NPR News in Washington, I am Jack Speer. Concern is growing that a 7-month-old ceasefire between Shiite Cleric Muqtada al-Sadr's Mahdi Army and the US is about to end. NPR's Dina Temple-Raston reports. The clashes began in Basra. Iraqi security

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台三月

The next morning after breakfast, the children climbed the steps to A Deck where the Ping-Pong tables were located. Benny teamed with Henry against Jessie and Violet. The small white ball flew back and forth. Although Henry hit the ball so hard that

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

The 2010 Vancouver Olympics are the fourth Winter Games for American long track speedskater Jennifer Rodriguez. She stopped skating after the 2006 Turin Olympics, but returned to competition in 2008 when she realized her speedskating career was unfin

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Now, a VOA Special English holiday program. January first. The beginning of a new year. As far back in history as we can tell, people have celebrated the start of a new year. Today, most people celebrate New Year's Day on January first. People obser

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(一)月

The number of people putting in for unemployment for the first time is still hovering near two-year lows, first reported over the winter holidays, raising hopes of job growth this year. Last week, the Labor Department found applications dropped by 37

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

II. Listening Skills Listening for Telephone Numbers 1. W: Im wondering if the weather will be good for us to go cycling on Saturday. M: Lets call the weather office. I know the phone number. Its 661-3047. If the weather is going to be bad, well have

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

Todd: So, Alexandra, you said that you were born in Miami. Alexandra: Yes, I was. Todd: And you still live there? Alexandra: Yes, I am, I do live there, now. Todd: Has the city changed a lot? Alexandra: Actually it has. As a young kid, there was a lo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Climate change has had a number of effects on cities around the world, including rising sea levels. And, this has become an especially big problem for coastal cities. City officials must now prepare for higher tides on their coasts. The American city

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

As one person put it, the big man on campus, the NBA giant who is no stranger to huge cheers. But today those cheers were for scoring something else. Are we going to De Nies tonight with Shaq, or should we say Dr. Shaq. Shaquille O'Neal is larger tha

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Lots of people have a favorite city. Maybe it is the city where they were born, or the place of their happiest memories. Or maybe it is just a place they would like to call home. Today, we present s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

1.大西洋岸(美东E.C):(W.C.=West Coast; E.C.=East Coast)美东岸主要有:NY或NYK(New York);Savannah沙瓦纳;Baltimore巴尔的摩;Norfolk诺福克. Miami迈阿密;Charleston查尔(里)斯顿;Houston休斯顿;Bo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

香港房地产价格飞涨 In Hong Kong, one of the worlds most expensive property markets, housing prices have doubled since 2009. 香港是全球最贵的房地产市场之一。自2009年以来,房价已经上涨了一倍。 Chris Parker, who h

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年4月

【L】Poppy also told me that she's going to Miami tomorrow night. 【P】 Yeah, I have a cousin down there and I just thought if I have to feel like a fool, I might as well do it with a tan. 【S】Oh, uh, you might want to check. I think you have

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

模仿文本: Next to basketball in Miami where the San Antonio Spurs are closing in on winning the NBA Finals. They lead the Miami Heat 3-2, going into Game 6 which tips off in a couple of hours. The Spurs could put their success down to a trio of

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

1 Q: What does the man mean? A. It is not always cheaper going by bus. B. It is more comfortable and convenient to take a bus. C. It is faster to go to Miami by train. D. It is worth the money taking a train to Miami. 2 Q: What do the speakers mean?

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

HAVANA, July 3 (Xinhua) -- A new air route to connect Cienfuegos, a southern Cuban city, with Miami in the U.S. state of Florida, via Grand Cayman will be launched later this year, a local official said Wednesday. The move is intended to promote tour

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1.大西洋岸(美东E.C):(W.C.=West Coast; E.C.=East Coast)美东岸主要有:NY或NYK(New York);Savannah沙瓦纳;Baltimore巴尔的摩;Norfolk诺福克. Miami迈阿密;Charl

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Ineedtobookaflightticket. 我需要预订一张飞机票。 book 预订 Youcanbookticketsonline. 你可以在网上预订机票。 I'dliketobookasingleroom. 我想预订一个单人间。 A:All-StarTravel.HowmayIassistyou? 全明星旅行社。请问有

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

You might ask, well, here in America, who has time for this? 你也许会问,但这是美国,谁有时间折腾这些啊? And I would tell you that the average American watches five hours of television a day. 我要告诉你,美国人平均每天

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇