From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. If you have been meaning to add more exercise to your daily routine, you may want to start sooner rather than later. A 2018 study has found that a lifetime of regular exercise and activi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Non-degree Programs May Not Serve Men and Women Equally Generations of people in the United States have seen higher education as the best path towards a well-paying and satisfying job. But the cost of attending colleges and universities in the countr

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

一般人对男生负面的刻板印象是什么呢? 好色? 不爱乾净? 很不巧的, 小笨霖自己也是男生, 所以我很能体会为什么世人会给予男人这样的评价. 这次我就以男

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

Pakistan's First Female Police Chief Breaking Cultural Taboos Rizwana Hameed made history a month ago when she became the first female head of a male police station in Pakistans Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, or KPK, where conservative cultural and rel

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(9月)

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. The first time you visit your boyfriends place, he no doubt tidies up, to give you the illusion that he doesnt live like an animal. Well, animals, too, ca

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific Americans' Sixty-Second Science, I'm Christopher Intagliata, got a minute? Vampire spiders, as the name suggests, like blood. And they feast on blood-filled mosquitoes to get it. But only female mosquitoes suck blood. So how do spi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

The silence of men in general is overtalked about and overcriticized. To be sure, men never open up as much as women want them to, but there is a wordless understanding in which we function fairly well especially in friendships. 男人的沉默往往被

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The Women's Studies Institute of China (WSIC) released a report. The results showed that 86.6 percent of female college students had experienced one or multiple types of gender discrimination while job hunting. 全国妇联妇女研究所(WSIC)于日

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. On our program this week, we will tell about an animal that can reproduce without mating. We also will tell about a Swedish man who d

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(六)月

A Fish That 'Sings' Love Songs? 是一种唱情歌的鱼? This is the sound of a fish singing: 这是鱼唱歌的声音:嗯。。。 It is a male fish a plainfin midshipman, to be exact from the Pacific Ocean.He is singing, or humming, a love son

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十)月

The first months of a child's life for a special time. As your baby acquires the skills of social interaction, impressions are made that will last a life time. Unfortunately, this baby and millions of other male babies just like him, spend months suf

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

解释: An offensive, derogatory word for a gay man, or a male homosexual 这个词除了水果的意思,在口语中还有男同性恋者的意思,是一个有点冒犯行和贬低意味的词语; 来源: The origin is unknown, but I think

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

I should say, before getting to this, 我事先声明,我要说的, something about sexual intercourse, although I may not have time. 是关于做爱的事情,但我的时间可能不太够。 And so, if you would like me to -- yes, you would?

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Todd: James, I saw on your desk you have a nice picture of a dog. James: Yes. Todd: OK. Tell us about your dog. James: My dog's name is Piper. He was a mutt, a homeless dog that we picked up off the street about four and a half years ago. Todd: Oh, w

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

A mother kangaroo has been captured reaching out to cuddle her joey one last time before she died. 袋鼠妈妈临死之前伸出手,试图最后一次去拥抱自己那年幼的小袋鼠。 The photographer, Evan Switzer, captured the moment on a

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

When that little thing of disrespect crept into my life again which was the movie business, I got really angry. 当不敬再次潜入我的生活,危及到我的电影事业时我勃然大怒。 It is kind of shocking, isn't it,that that much time,

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

Jessica: Ashley, when you went to Kenya did you do a safari? Ashley: Yes, it was incredible. Uh, we went of a five day safari. We were up every morning at 4:30 in the morning, um, to watch the animals and then we would have all day to kind of sit bac

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

David Beckham perhaps is the most handsome and famous male athlete in the world, his wife Victoria is also very popular around the world, they are the beloved couple for the public. This couple has three boys, two year ago, they finally got their fir

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

TAIPEI, Oct 24 (Xinhua) -- Prosecutors have detained a 69-year-old male patient suspected of starting a fire in a hospital in south Taiwan, which killed 12 people and injured dozens of others. A fire broke out at an independently operated medical car

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

【生词预览】 male雄性的,female雌性的,crab 螃蟹,sideways从一侧,immediately马上 【笑话原文】 I Cant Let Him Get Away A male crab met a female crab and asked her to marry him. She noticed that he was walking straight ins

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)