TED演讲:性格的迷思--你究竟是谁(5)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科学篇
英语课
I should say, before getting to this, 我事先声明,我要说的,
something about sexual intercourse 1, although I may not have time. 是关于做爱的事情,但我的时间可能不太够。
And so, if you would like me to -- yes, you would? OK. 所以,如果你们想让我说的话——什么?你们很想听?好吧。
There are studies done on the frequency with which individuals engage in the conjugal 2 act, 有人做过关于人做爱频率的研究,
as broken down by male, female; introvert 3, extrovert 4. 分类标准有男性、女性、内向者、外向者。
So I ask you: How many times per minute -- oh, I'm sorry, that was a rat study -- 我想问大家:每分钟做多少次——哦,对不起,每分钟多少次,说的是老鼠——
How many times per month do introverted men engage in the act? 3.0. 内向的男性每个月有多少次性行为?3.0次。
Extroverted 5 men? More or less? Yes, more. 外向的男性呢?更多还是更少?没错,更多。
5.5 -- almost twice as much. 5.5次,差不多是2倍。
Introverted women: 3.1. Extroverted women? 内向的女性:3.1次。外向的女性呢?
Frankly 6, speaking as an introverted male, which I will explain later -- they are heroic. 7.5. 老实说,作为一个内向的男性--关于这一点我稍后会解释--我觉得她们太厉害了。7.5次。
They not only handle all the male extroverts 7, they pick up a few introverts 8 as well. 她们不但搞定了所有外向的男人,还顺便挑了几个内向的。
n.性交;交流,交往,交际
- The magazine becomes a cultural medium of intercourse between the two peoples.该杂志成为两民族间文化交流的媒介。
- There was close intercourse between them.他们过往很密。
adj.婚姻的,婚姻性的
- Conjugal visits are banned,so marriages break down.配偶访问是禁止的,罪犯的婚姻也因此破裂。
- Conjugal fate is something delicate.缘分,其实是一种微妙的东西。
n.性格内向的人
- You are very much an introvert.你是一位地道的内向性格者。
- The same conversation that energizes the extravert also drains the introvert.同样的交谈能让外向者荣光焕发,却让内向者精神颓靡。
n.性格外向的人
- A good salesman is usually an extrovert,who likes to mingle with people.一个好的推销员通常很外向,喜欢和人们交往。
- Do you think you're an extrovert or introvert?你认为你是个性外向的人还是个性内向的人?
a.性格外向的
- Do you think you are introverted or extroverted? 你认为你性格内向还是外向?
- Are you introverted or extroverted? 你个性内向还是外向? 来自轻松英语会话---联想2000词(上)
adv.坦白地,直率地;坦率地说
- To speak frankly, I don't like the idea at all.老实说,我一点也不赞成这个主意。
- Frankly speaking, I'm not opposed to reform.坦率地说,我不反对改革。
性格外向的人( extrovert的名词复数 ); 活跃、愉快、爱交际的人
- In the second half, the students were criticized. Extroverts were unfazed. 在后半部分,举不动时学生要受批评,外向性格的学生表现出不满。 来自英汉非文学 - 生命科学 - 大脑与疾病
- Extroverts prefer lively conversation to brooding on the meaning of life. 性格外向的人喜欢高谈阔论,而不愿思索人生的意义。
性格内向的人( introvert的名词复数 )
- Extroverts tend to lack self-discipline while introverts lack courage. 性格外向的人缺乏自我约束力,而性格内向的人则缺乏勇气。
- I an introvert and introverts get drawn in. 我是个内向的人而且内向是天生的。
标签:
TED演讲