厕所文化(Toilet Culture) Staying at a certain place long enough . Everybody needs to know where the toilet is. I tried to find one when I first visited the Divinity School Library, the oldest school in Yale University: I tried to find the

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

听遍美国之空难性新闻[2]:Disaster in Sports Stadium(1) South Africa At least 43 people died and hundreds more were hurt in a stampede(2) at a soccer stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa. Police spokesman Chris Wilkin says: Some wanted to get onto th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 听遍美国

AILSA CHANG, HOST: This next story is about one of those split-second, seat-of-the-pants decisions you make that turns out to have profound consequences for your life. Our co-host Mary Louise Kelly picks it up from here. MARY LOUISE KELLY, BYLINE: Th

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible! 没有不可能,连这个词自己都说:不,可能! 奥黛丽赫本 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.12

Lesson2 Spare that spider Why, you may wonder, should spiders be our friends ? Because they destroy so many insects, and insects include some of the greatest enemies of the human race. Insects would make it impossible for us to live in the world; the

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语85年上外美音版

This is Scientific American 60 second Science, Im Steve Mirsky Nothing was on the table at the annual Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate March 20th at theAmerican Museum of Natural History in New York City. Heres Hayden PlanetariumDirector Neil deGrasse Ty

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

04 Magic and Illusions GLOSSARY magic show a type of entertainment where the performer (magician) appearsto do things that are impossible or unbelievable* Have you ever been to a magic show where the magician actually pulled arabbit out of his hat? m

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

剧情简介:上一次说到班纳特夫人对与丈夫的“冷酷无情”终于无可奈何了,面对丈夫的雷打不动的架势,可怜的班纳克夫人转而把怒火发到了自己的女儿

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 有声阅读空间

影片对白 Miranda: My girls are leaving on the train for their grandmother's at 4:00... so the book better be here no later than 3:00. Andy: Of course! Miranda: And I would like my steak here in 15 minutes. Andy: No problem! Okay. I have four hours t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Secretary Gates said that as much as he would like to see foreign troops leave Afghanistan, it is impossible to foresee when that might happen. US Sec. of Defense Gates(L) listens as his French counterpart Morin(R) comments to the media at the Penta

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(三月)

When Henry ford decided to produce his famous v-8 motor, he chose to build an engine with the entire eight cylinders cast in one block, and instructed his engineers to produce a design in one for the engine. The design was placed on paper, but the en

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 男人强励志英文

卡百利乐队(The Cranberries) ,又译为小红莓乐队、红草莓乐队、小红莓合唱团,1990年代成立于爱尔兰利默里克(Limerick)。 《Dreams》中英双语歌词: Oh my life is changing everyday 生活每天都在变 in eve

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

[00:00]M:...Let me handle this, Father. I'm in charge. [00:02]F:We both know who's responsible. This story is a complete red herring. It's quite impossible. [00:07]M:Nothing is impossible, Father. I often think of six impossible things before b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

A: I have a good feeling about this house. B: Yes, I liked it the first moment I pulled up to it. A: I love the paint job! B: If you like the outside, you are going to really love the inside. A: What a beautiful home! B: Youll notice that the window

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: And now a moment to remember Martin Landau, who also died this weekend at the age of 89. He was an Oscar-winning actor in his own right and guided younger stars. NPR's Andrew Limbong has more. ANDREW LIMBONG, BYLINE: Movie stars

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

The question was once asked of a highly successful businessman, How have you done so much in your lifetime? He replied, I have dreamed. I have turned my mind loose to imagine what I wanted to do. Then I have gone to bed and thought about my dreams.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

By Paul Sisco Washington 28 February 2008 Air travel is growing rapidly around the world and the fuel jets burn is a major contributor of greenhouse gases. Virgin Atlantic Airlines President Richard Branson demonstrated this week that using biofuel t

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Though we've known for awhile now that the newest forthcoming installment in the Mission Impossible franchise starring Tom Cruise wouldn't simply be called Mission Impossible 4, no clues as to the official title had been given. Luckily, a press confe

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

As long as stars shine down from heaven 只要星星还在天国闪烁 And the rivers run into the sea 只要江河还汇入大海 Til the end of time forever 直到时间的尽头 You are the only love I'll need 你就是我唯一的爱 In my life y

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

利萨离开之后,阿美和妈妈聊起了利萨,利萨取得了英语口语竞赛的一等奖,而阿美却想哭,为什么呢? 对话原文 May:Lisa wins the first prize in the English speech contest of her college. 阿美:利萨在她大

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(214) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册