Lesson 74 Out of the limelight 舞台之外 First listen and then answer the question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 Why was their disguise 'too perfect'? An ancient bus stopped by a dry riv

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(259) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册

ESL Podcast 1176 Limits to Advancement at Work Gloria: Did you hear that Manuel is quitting? He took a job with another company. Sam: Im not surprised. He came up against the glass ceiling and he decided to jump ship. Gloria: Really? I didnt know he

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之商务英语

[00:06.60]Or did we iust want what we wanted? 又或我们仅仅只是想着自己的需要? [00:09.80]She was so little when all this started. 开始时她那么小 [00:12.08]When did she start wanting to make her own decisions? 什么时候她想自

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-姐姐的守护者

Bob给一家软件公司客户服务热线打电话,接电话的是 Gloria. 大家注意听客户服务一上来该怎样说。 Gloria: Good afternoon and thank you for calling GlobalCom's customer hotline. My name is Gloria...how can I be of assis

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Bob向一家软件公司订购的软件没按时到,Bob要求赔偿,但是对方热线客服Gloria却坚持说是Bob一方取消了订单。Bob生气地说: B: Look...if you review our file you'll find that we are long-term loyal customers who

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

A: 大家好! 欢迎来到American English Mosaic! 我是杨琳! B: 我是Kat! 杨琳,赶快来介绍一下今天的节目内容吧! A: 没问题! 今天,咱们要继续聊聊写简历找工作,,要看看如何给客服打电话,还要告

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美语训练班

The new student walked into the small classroom ten minutes late. Within seconds, the teacher smelled body odor. The odor was overwhelming. The teacher hoped it was a one-time thing. But the next day, the teenage student smelled just as bad. That aft

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之就医和人际交往

People of Different Ages Gloria: Im surprised at the variety of people on this tour. Andy: Oh, yeah? I hadnt noticed. Gloria: Well, well be spending the next two weeks with these people so I thought Id get to know some of them. Andy: Thats nice. Glor

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之日常生活

格洛丽亚马卡帕加尔阿罗约(Gloria Macapagal Arroyo)1947年4月5日生于菲律宾班诗兰省,是菲律宾前总统迪奥斯达多马卡帕加尔的女儿。[1] 阿罗约是菲律宾的第14、15任总统。她是菲律宾第二位女总统

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

剧本与台词 Alex: Now I have to compete with shamu. And... and a smug little grin. 现在我要跟杀人鲸竞争,还是个自以为是的家伙。 Alex: I can't top that. Can't top it. 我比不过他们,我赢不了。 Alex: I'm ruined. I'm

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Arroyo Apologizes for Conversation with Election Officials 阿罗约为竞选舞弊公开道歉 Philippine President Gloria Arroyo broke her silence Monday on allegations she cheated in last year's cl

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--国政军事聚焦

Todd: So, how was your trip to Thailand? Gloria: Oh, I spent about six weeks in Thailand and had a really, really great time. I spent three weeks in Northern Thailand and then three weeks on the beach in the southern part of Thailand but my last nigh

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Bob向一家软件公司订购的软件没按时到,Bob要求赔偿,但是对方热线客服Gloria却坚持说是Bob一方取消了订单。Bob生气地说: B: Look...if you review our file you'll find that we are long-term loyal customers who

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Bob给一家软件公司客户服务热线打电话,接电话的是Gloria. 大家注意听客户服务一上来该怎样说。 Gloria: Good afternoon and thank you forcalling GlobalCom's customer hotline. My name is Gloria...how can I be ofassistan

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

MORT:King Julien,what are they? What are they?! KING:They are aliens (外星人).Savage(凶残的,未开化的) aliens from the savage future. MINISTER:Theyve come to kill us.And take our woman.And our precious metals(金属). KING:Get up

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Now commencement speakers are traditionally expected to tell graduates how to go out there and climb the ladder of success 毕业演讲发言人一般都会告诉毕业生如何走向社会并攀爬成功的阶梯 But I want to ask you, instead, to r

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

When you're down and troubled And you need some loving care And nothing, nothing is going right Close your eyes and think of me And soon I will be there To brighten up even your darkest night You just call out my name And you know wherever I am I'll

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Todd: So, how was your trip to Thailand? 托德:你的泰国之行怎么样? Gloria: Oh, I spent about six weeks in Thailand and had a really, really great time. I spent three weeks in Northern Thailand and then three weeks on the beach in the so

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Todd: So, Gloria , have you ever had any pets? Gloria: Yes, I have. In fact, I still have one in America right now. Todd: You do? Gloria: Mm-hm Todd: Yeah, what? Gloria: He's a dog named Cruiser. Todd: Cruiser. Gloria: Cruiser. Todd: OK, what's Cruis

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂