Tom Peterson worked for many years to build a solid business selling television sets, stereo systems, and home appliances. He gave people good value, a full satisfaction guarantee, and friendly service. With the help of his wife Gloria, who handled t

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Gloria Mengual was treated differently because of epilepsy; one day changed that On Friday mornings, we bring you StoryCorps, the project that collects your stories across the country. And today we will meet Gloria Mengual, who described one thing t

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

05Listening to the Radio GLOSSARY simulcast a live (not recorded) broadcast of an event or performance;something that is shown in two places or in two ways at the same time, such as on the television and the radio* I was watching the basketball game

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

[00:02.88]Learn a Lesson, Find the Gift吸取一个教训,赢得一份礼物 [00:07.02]Tom Peterson worked for many years to build a solid business [00:10.86]selling television sets, stereo systems, and home appliances. [00:15.00] He gave people good value, a f

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧背囊超越自我

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Lin-Manuel Miranda was watching Hurricane Maria devastate Puerto Rico and was moved to help. The genius behind the musical Hamilton, writing songs is Miranda's specialty. The result, a new song called Almost Like Praying. A

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Bernie: Oh, I'm in so much pain! Where is the medication we got from the pharmacy ? Gloria: It's right here, but we need to read the label first. Okay, these are the active ingredients and they seem okay. This warning says that we need to watch out f

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

U.S. President George Bush says the United States will do it all it can to help the victims of the typhoon that struck the Philippines over the weekend. VOA's Paula Wolfson reports following talks at the White House with Philippine President Gloria

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

ELISE HU, HOST: Tomorrow, a California judge could decide if Gloria Single will be reunited with her husband, Bill. She's 83. He's 93. The two lived in the same nursing home until last March. That's when Gloria Single was evicted without warning. NPR

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

There are many more people trying to meet the right person than to become the right person. 很多人想遇到对的人,而不是让自己成为对的人。(Gloria Steinem) 图片1

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.01

I Will Survive这首1979年蝉连6周冠军白金曲,成为当时70年代Disco必备歌曲,法国世界杯足球队开赛歌选用此曲;最重要的是,此曲也被滚石评为100首最伟大的作品之一。 而后女权团体与同性恋组织也纷纷的看上它,把它当作活动的主题曲,象征这些社会上的弱势族群争取自

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

情景对话: Gloria: Did you sign something so that Manny could switch to French? Jay: I did. Gloria: You knew that I wanted him to learn Spanish. 知识点讲解: Switch 换 【例句一】 Why do you want to switch classes? English 101 is an e

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Kurt: Turn that radio down! Gloria: No way! Im listening to a simulcast of a performance and its live. Kurt: Is it on campus radio? Gloria: No, its on the public radio station. I finally got good reception after putting this long antenna outside my w

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Todd: So, how was your trip to Thailand? Gloria: Oh, I spent about six weeks in Thailand and had a really, really great time. I spent three weeks in Northern Thailand and then three weeks on the beach in the southern part of Thailand but my last nigh

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

A.J.: What was going on with you and Tiago in his office earlier today? You two were pretty cozy in there. Gloria: What? Oh, I was a little upset about messing up my presentation in the morning meeting, and Tiago was trying to reassure me about it. A

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Todd: Gloria, what are your plans for the summer? Gloria: I'm going to Thailand for two weeks and then I'm going to England for three weeks and then back to the US. Todd: OK , wait, Thailand, you're going to Thailand? Gloria: Yes. Todd: OK, what are

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂