EXPLORATIONS - Lighthouses Keep Watch Over the North Carolina Coast This is Shirley Griffith. And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about the lighthouses that protect ships sailing along the coast o

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(206) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Susan Sanders at work At the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria, Virginia, you can see the work of jewelry designer Susan Sanders. Her many

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a wave of crime taking place in the warm waters off the east coast of Africa. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: The weather was good on th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - New Orleans, Havre de Grace: American Places That Hold Special Memories MARIO RITTER: Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. Some places can create strong memories. We often clearly remember important events i

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

EXPLORATIONS - Three man who had a big influence on modern sound and communication technologies Welcome to EXPLORATIONS, I'm Mario Ritter. Today, Steve Ember and Barbara Klein tell about three man who had a big influence on modern sound and communica

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

EXPLORATIONS - Edwin Hubble Changed Our Ideas About the Universe and Its Birth EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. Today, Richard Rael and Tony Riggs tell the story of American astronomer Edwin Hubble. He changed our

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

EXPLORATIONS - Ballets History Began as a Dance of Power and Influence STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Ballet is a formalized kind of dance performance with a rich and i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Phil Brown at work turning a bowl on his lathe And I'm Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At several galleries in the Washington, D.C. area, you might see work by the wood turner Phil Br

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we take you to one of the most popular and beautiful places in the United States. It is the Grand Canyon in the southwestern state of Arizo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This week, we tell about the biggest system of freshwater lakes in the world, the Great Lakes between the United States and Canada. They are busy

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十一)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we continue the history of the American space program with the flight of Apollo Thirteen, the flight that almost did not return home. (MUSIC

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The nineteen sixties were exciting times in space exploration. Today look back at the first flights of the Apollo program designed to land humans

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about female scientists around the world and some of the problems they face. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Women have been making scientific di

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - A Visit to Americas National Cryptologic Museum From VOA Learning English, this is EXPLORATIONS in Special English. Im Jeri Watson. And Im Jim Tedder. Today we visit a small museum in the American state of Maryland. It is called the Na

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

EXPLORATIONS - Hungry for Wealth, Gold Seekers Once Rushed to Canadas Northwest This is Faith Lapidus. And this is Richard Rael with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we begin the first of two programs about the discovery of gold. H

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

EXPLORATIONS - Eleanor Creesy Helped Guide One of the Fastest Sailing Ships Ever Built Im Steve Ember. And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about Eleanor Creesy. She helped to guide one of the fastest saili

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

EXPLORATIONS - The Indiana Dunes: Ancient Hills of Sand on Lake Michigan FAITH LAPIDUS: This is Faith Lapidus. STEVE EMBER: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we visit the Indiana Dunes. These hills of sa

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

EXPLORATIONS - On the Shoulders of Giants: Isaac Newton and Modern Science SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: This is Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about one of the world's grea

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - Mesa Verde National Park: Protecting the Culture of Ancient Native Americans STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a large National Park establish

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(四)月

EXPLORATIONS - Apollo's Final Missions: The Last Footsteps on the Moon SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: I'm Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the flights that followed Apollo Eleven to t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月