EXPLORATIONS - Where Did the English Language Come From? This is Steve Ember. And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we present the first of two programs about the history of the English Language. More p

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(419) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

EXPLORATIONS - Emperor Penguins Survive in World's Most Extreme Climate By Dana Demange Broadcast: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - National Air And Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: Artist's picture of the Ud

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Camping in America's National and State Parks By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIO

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS -May 8, 2002: Hubble's New Camera By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Last week, the

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell the second part of our story about the discovery of gold in the area of Canada called the Yukon. We tell about

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This week, we tell about a growing threat to airplanes around the world. And we hear about objects in space that are threatening satellites and the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Safari explorers on the Chobe River And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we go on safari to experience the sights and sounds of Africas rich wildlife. The word safari comes from t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(八)月

VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Hoover Dam. It was the largest and most difficult structure of its kind ever built when work started in nineteen thirty-

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(八)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Doug Johnson. VOICE TWO: B.J. Adams in her studio And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At craft shows and corporate headquarters across the United States, you might see works by the artist B.J. Adams. She ma

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十一)月

Computers around the world are connected in an extensive communication system called the Internet. Transcript of radio broadcast: 17 June 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Tod

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we continue our history of the American space program with the flight of Apollo Eleven. (SOUND) VOICE ONE: The launch of Apollo 11 A rock

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the work of the American artist and building designer Maya Lin. She is best known for designing the Vietnam Veterans Memorial

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - How the 'Mercury 13' Led the Way for Women in the US Space Program Im Steve Ember. And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a program in the nineteen sixties to train women as astronauts. Today

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

EXPLORATIONS - Race to the Moon: The Days of Project Gemini EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Today, Harry Monroe and Tony Riggs report about America's second manned space program, Gemini.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

EXPLORATIONS - NASA and the Early Apollo Flights of the 1960s BARBARA KLEIN: I'm Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The nineteen sixties were exciting times in space exploration. Today look back

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

EXPLORATIONS - Three Stories about Expressing Faith in America MARIO RITTER: Welcome to the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Im Mario Ritter. Religious faith is both deeply personal and a community experience. In the United States, religious

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

EXPLORATIONS - Singer Michelle Branch Reinvents Her Music, Again MARIO RITTER: Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. Today, we look at ways women are reinventing themselves and some of the things they do. We will learn abou

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

EXPLORATIONS - The Laser: Futuristic Science Found at Your Local Store MARIO RITTER: Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English.Im Mario Ritter. This week, we tell about one of the most recognizable objects in science fiction the laser. It is one

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about recent efforts by the United Nations to honor and protect different cultural traditions from around the world. U.N. experts meeting in Nairobi, Kenya recent

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月