STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the history of radio and the latest technology. (MUSIC) SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Our story begins in Britain in eighteen seventy-three. A scientist named James Max

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

EXPLORATIONS - The Missouri is Americas Longest River This is Shirley Griffith. And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. Today, we tell about another important American river, the Missouri. It is the longest river i

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(292) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Charles Darwin And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This month is the two hundredth anniversary of the birth of one of the most influential thinkers in science history. Charles Darwin

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Hoover Dam. It was the largest and most difficult structure of its kind ever built when work started in nineteen thir

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

BARBARA KLEIN: Im Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This week on our program, we tell you about the new goals that President Obama is proposing for the space agency NASA. The plans include a deci

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel to Paris, France, to visit one of the most famous and most visited art collections in the world. From the twelfth to the eighte

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(六)月

EXPLORATIONS - November 20, 2002: Harley-Davidson at 100 By Paul Thompson ((Sounds of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle)) VOICE ONE: Many people around the world know exactly what that sound is. This is Ma

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - September 18, 2002: National Cryptologic Museum By Paul Thompson German Nazi, American and Japanese coding machines. (Photo - Ed Bunyan) VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: An

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - The Indiana Dunes: Beautiful Sand Hills and Wildlife in America's Midwest By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Sergei Prokofievs ballet version of Cinderella is a favorite with choreographers and dance lovers. Transcript of radio broadcast: 03 June 2008 VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: The Washington Ballets Brianne Bland as Cinderella And Im Shirley Gr

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

EXPLORATIONS – Satellite Photos of Mayan Ruins By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS i

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we visit the Arabesque festival at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. This three-week event brings eight hundred

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Richard Rael with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we begin the first of two programs about the discovery of gold. Huge amounts of gold. Enough gold to make a person extreme

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, D.C. you might see two cowboy boots. They are painted with a design of clouds and stars. Two

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月

VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with Explorations in VOA Special English. Today, we travel through city streets all over the world to explore street art, a popular and lively art movement. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Street art

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

The telegraph was the first communication device that could move information quickly from one place to another. 10 June 2008 VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we begin a serie

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(六)月

EXPLORATIONS - William Shakespeare: Star of Stage and Screen Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we complete our story about the English writer William Shakespeare. Last week, we talked about Shakespeare's life, his plays and poems

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

EXPLORATIONS - Working to Protect Plants for Future Generations CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: Im Chrisopher Cruise. MARIO RITTER: And Im Mario Ritter with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about concerns about plant life, including agricultura

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

EXPLORATIONS - A Beloved Family Pet Dies. What Does a Mother Tell Her Children? MARIO RITTER: This is EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. What do you do when a family pet dies? How would you explain the death of a dog or cat to a yo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

STEVE EMBER: This is Steve Ember. SARAH LONG: And this is Sarah Long with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today, we visit two of the most unusual national parks in the United States. They are Volcanoes National Park and Haleakala Nation

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月