EXPLORATIONS -January 30, 2002: Population and the Environment By Cynthia Kirk VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Tod

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

A look back at a few of the most important programs that NASA has carried out in half a century of exploration. Transcript of radio broadcast: 29 July 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: Earth and the moon as photographed by the Apollo 11

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The Environmental Film Festival in Washington, D.C., has been bringing movies to America's capital for seventeen years. This year, the twelve-day

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

VOICE ONE: This is Phoebe Zimmerman. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we visit one of America's great national parks. It is a place of strange and silent beauty. As beautiful as this place i

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(八)月

Now the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today Shirley Griffith and Doug Johnson tell about pilot Wiley Post. He set new records when he flew his own airplane around the world in nineteen thirty-three. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: It was nineteen thi

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: Tim Tate at the Washington Glass Studio And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At the Smithsonian American Art Museum, you can see a large heart-shaped sculpture made of blown glass. Th

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月

VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we finish the story of the first American program to send a person into space. It was called Project Mercury. (MUSIC) VO

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

VOICE ONE: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (SOUND) That announcement was made May fifth, nineteen sixty-one. It was the first manned flight of project Mercury. Today, Tony Riggs and Larry West tell about the beg

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel south to one of the coldest, windiest and least populated places in the world, Antarctica. The word Antarctica comes from a Greek

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel to the boundaries of artistic production by visiting fringe festivals around the world. Something that is on the fringe means it i

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(八)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Doug Johnson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Jane Goodall is one of the most well known scientists in the world. She has spent most of her career studying wild chimpanzees in a protected are

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十一)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Do you dream? Do you create pictures and stories in your mind as you sleep? Today, we are going to explore dreaming. People have had ideas about t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - Project Mercury: Alan Shepard Becomes the First American in Space STEVE EMBER: This is Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we finish the story of the firs

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

EXPLORATIONS - Singer-songwriter Sara Bareilles Reflects on Success MARIO RITTER: Welcome to the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Im Mario Ritter. Music is often called the universal language, meaning everyone can understand it. This week, w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

EXPLORATIONS - A Visit to Two National Parks: Mount Rainier and Valley Forge Im Shirley Griffith. And Im Christopher Cruise with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about two areas that are popular with visitors to the United States. O

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Explorations - Travel Industry, Fisheries Depend on Threatened Coral Reefs MARIO RITTER: Welcome to Explorations in VOA Special English. Im Mario Ritter. This week, we hear from a prize-winning expert on bees. May Berenbaum has studied ways to help p

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(二)月

EXPLORATIONS - Apollo 13: 'Houston, We've Had a Problem Here' BARBARA KLEIN: I'm Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we continue the history of the American space program with the flight of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

EXPLORATIONS - Dry Tortugas National Park Is Deep In History, Natural Beauty FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And Im Christopher Cruise with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we visit one of the most unusual nati

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(七)月

EXPLORATIONS - Rapping, From Arab Spring to Occupy Wall Street Welcome to EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. I'm June Simms. Protest songs are part of the fuel of revolutions. Today, we talk to three rappers who played an active part in the Arab Sp

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(233) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(七)月

EXPLORATIONS - Guitar Heroes, Before Anyone Even Heard of Video Games STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. PHOEBE ZIMMERMAN: And Im Phoebe Zimmermann with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a very popular musical instrument. Listen and

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(1597) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月