EXPLORATIONS - In an Age of Modern Science and Medicine, Infectious Diseases Remain the World's Leading Killer By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidu

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(277) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Lessons Learned From the Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS -April 3, 2002: Spacesuit History By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell a

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Puppets Teaching Children Around the World By Karen Leggett Broadcast: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: The Kids on the Block can help children

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Unusual creatures live on the Galapagos Islands in the Pacific Ocean By Caty Weaver Broadcast: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Emb

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - One of the World’s Natural Wonders: the Grand Canyon By Oliver Chanler Broadcast: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley Griff

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the reporter and food expert Michael Pollan. Mister Pollan is a professor of journalism at the University of California, Berke

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

By Paul Thompson Studying a fiber left on the end of a plant: Did it come from clothes? Or from burlap used for transporting marijuana? VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley G

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS – May 15, 2002: National Aviation Hall of Fame By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember. with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. There are many natural wonders in the United States. Today, we take you to seven man-made wonders in America. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Against the city'

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Washington, D.C. is known for its many monuments, museums, and government buildings. It is also home to embassies from more than one hundred seven

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

STEVE EMBER: This is Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we present the first of two programs about the history of the English Language. (MUSIC) STEVE EMBER: More people

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we travel to several countries exploring the world of outsider art. This powerful form of creative expression usually involves art made

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This year marks the sixtieth anniversary of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigations Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. This list includ

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - The US Capitol Represents American Democracy MARIO RITTER: Im Mario Ritter. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. is one of the most recognized build

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - At the Vatican, Some of the Worlds Greatest Art FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. MARIO RITTER: And Im Mario Ritter with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The Vatican in Rome is the world headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church. Bu

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(四)月

BOB DOUGHTY: Im Bob Doughty. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The Global Heritage Fund organization recently released a list of cultural treasures in the developing world that are in danger of disappearing

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

BARBARA KLEIN: Im Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. A blue hole is a flooded sea cave with a hole that opens up at the lands surface. These cave systems form in carbonate rock, often on islands.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. DOUG JOHNSON: And Im Doug Johnson with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Since ancient times, people have grown grapes to produce wine. Join us as we tell about the history of wine and how it is made. We will also

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) It was called the last great goal in flying. It would be a flight around the world without stopping or adding more fuel. Today, Frank Oliver and Doug John

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月