VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we travel far and wide to learn about some of the rarest languages in the world. Experts say over half of the world's seven thousand languag

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel to New York City to visit one of the most famous museums in the world. The Metropolitan Museum of Art collection covers f

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Doug Johnson and Frank Oliver tell about the first airplane that flew out of the Earth's atmosphere. It was designed to test equipment and conditio

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Visitors to Washington, D.C. this summer can see a powerful exhibit that tells about a dark period in American history. The exhibit at the Smit

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - Leonardo da Vinci: Beyond the Mona Lisa STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about one of the greatest thinkers in the world, Leonardo da Vinci.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - Visiting Four National Parks in the State of Utah FAITH LAPIDUS: I'm Faith Lapidus. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we explore some national parks of great beauty in the American West.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Im Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Starting this Friday, the auto industry will show off more than nine hundred of its latest vehicles at the LA Auto Show in Los Angeles, C

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. DOUG JOHNSON: And Im Doug Johnson with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we continue our exploration into the world of wine. Last week, we discussed the history, kinds of grapes and how wine is produced. This

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And Im Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about one of the greatest thinkers in the world, Leonardo da Vinci. He began his career as an artist. But his interest in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

EXPLORATIONS -July 17, 2002: W. Edward Deming By Gayle Shiraki VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(217) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS – Albert Einstein By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Sarah Long with the VOA Special English program, E

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - September 4, 2002: Rio Grande, Part 2 By Oliver Chanler (Photo - Ken Osborn/U.S. Geological Survey) VOICE ONE: This is Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Colorado National Monument By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Sp

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Volcanoes National Park By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Lava, liquid rock, shooting into the air. And this is Sar

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - As Long as It Remains Profitable, Child Trafficking Will Continue By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus w

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Cassini-Huygens at Titan By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special E

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: William Shakespeare And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about one of the most influential and skillful writers in the world. For more than four hundred years, people al

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

BOB DOUGHTY: I'm Bob Doughty. SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: And I'm Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we travel around the world exploring the history of chocolate. Its story begins with a plant whose scientific name, Theobroma cac

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(二)月

Now the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today Shirley Griffith and Doug Johnson tell about pilot Wiley Post. He set new records when he flew his own airplane around the world in nineteen thirty-three. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: It was nineteen thir

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. There are many natural wonders in the United States. Today, we take you to seven man-made wonders in America. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Against the city's

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月