EXPLORATIONS - Outlaws and Lawmen of the Wild West, Part 1 By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with EXP

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we tell about the Galapagos Islands in the Pacific Ocean and the unusual creatures that live there. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Bartolome Island T

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Doug Johnson. VOICE TWO: Climbing in the Adirondack Mountains in New York State And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Some people say the higher you climb, the harder you fall. But those people probably would no

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

EXPLORATIONS - MOOCs Are Moving Forward From VOA Learning English, this is EXPLORATIONS in Special English. Im Bob Doughty. And Im Faith Lapidus. Today we tell about the growing popularity of Massive Open Online Courses in higher education. The movem

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Doug Johnson with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about some of the important space news of the past

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

DOUG JOHNSON: Im Doug Johnson. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Mars Day at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington is a celebration of our solar systems most famous planet. The event, on July s

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we present the first of two programs about the history of the English Language. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: More people are tryin

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

EXPLORATIONS - 1890s Gold Rush! This is Bob Doughty. And this is Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell the second part of our story about the discovery of gold in the area of Canada called the Yukon. We t

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Explorations - Voyager: The Extraordinary Story of a Flight Around the World Explorations -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. It was called the last great goal in flying. It would be a flight around the world without stopping or

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(一)月

EXPLORATIONS - November 27, 2002: Keiko the Whale By Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we te

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS – December 4, 2002: Galapagos Islands By Caty Weaver VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today, we t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - October 9, 2002: George Catlin, Part 2 By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we pre

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

By Paul Thompson VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. A new exhibit of paintings is being shown at the Smithsonian A

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. The Environmental Film Festival in Washington, D.C., has been bringing movies to America's capital for seventeen years. This year, the twelve-day f

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

EXPLORATIONS - Igor Sikorsky: Aircraft and Helicopter Designer By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: Igor Sikorsky on the cover of Time magazine. Now, the VOA Sp

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Dry Tortugas National Park By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 Paul Thompson (MUSIC) ANNCR: Part of Fort Jefferson, the only large structure on the Dry Tortugas. Welcome

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - The Guitar: an Instrument for Any Kind of Music By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Phoebe Zimmermann with Explora

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

BARBARA KLEIN: Im Barbara Klein. STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Visit any airport, train station, or coffee shop in the United States this summer, and chances are you will find someone reading a book by the

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

EXPLORATIONS - The Vatican Museums Hold Some of the World’s Greatest Art Treasures By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO And I'm Steve Ember

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

VOICE ONE: Im Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: ''Revolt on the Amistad,'' silkscreen print by Jacob Lawrence And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., you can see a colorful and expres

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(九)月