ANNOUNCER: EXPLORATIONS, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Today Shirley Griffith and Frank Oliver tell about a famous World War Two pilot, Jimmy Doolittle. (SOUND) VOICE ONE: Jimmy Doolittle He was a scientist, an airplane engin

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about hip-hop music with a message. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Hip-hop music started in the South Bronx area of New York City in the early n

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we explore some national parks of great beauty in the American West. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Millions of people from all over the world visit th

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

For centuries, the buildings of ancient Egypt have captured the attention of historians, artists, and travelers. Transcript of radio broadcast: 15 July 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Cairo at sunset And I'm Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIO

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

The spread of cell phones, computers and other technology has increased economic growth in the developing world. Transcript of radio broadcast: 01 July 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Specia

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Shirley Griffith and Tony Riggs complete a report about America's second manned space program, Gemini. Its purpose was to bring the United States closer to its goal

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

STEVE EMBER: This is Steve Ember. BOB DOUGHTY: And this is Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today, we tell about how people learned an important piece of information necessary for safely sailing on the oceans. It is call

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

BARBARA KLEIN: Im Barbara Klein. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. A maker of luxury travel goods recently launched an advertisement campaign. Video and magazine ads show three men playing table football and la

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(六)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we talk about a method that helps provide low-income people with the financial services they need to improve their lives. Organizations a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(六)月

EXPLORATIONS - Laser Technology Uncovers Secrets at Stonehenge From VOA Learning English, this is EXPLORATIONS in Special English. I'm Christopher Cruise. And I'm Kelly Jean Kelly. Today, we report on new knowledge about Stonehenge, the famous, ancie

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

EXPLORATIONS - Music Would Not Be The Same Without the Guitar Im Steve Ember. And Im Phoebe Zimmermann with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a very popular musical instrument. Listen and see if you can guess what it is. If you

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(二)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. PHOEBE ZIMMERMAN: And Im Phoebe Zimmermann with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a very popular musical instrument. Listen and see if you can guess what it is. (MUSIC) STEVE EMBER: If you guessed i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

EXPLORATIONS - Jimmy Doolittle: a Pilot and Leader EXPLORATIONS, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Today Shirley Griffith and Frank Oliver tell about a famous World War Two pilot, Jimmy Doolittle. He was a scientist, an airplane e

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十)月

EXPLORATIONS - As Gemini Spacecraft Join in Space, US Moves One Step Closer to the Moon DOUG JOHNSON: EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special English by the Voice of America. (MUSIC) Today, Shirley Griffith and Tony Riggs complete a report about America

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. This week, we tell about one of the most recognizable objects in science fiction the laser. And we tell how the laser has made its mark in the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(九)月

EXPLORATIONS - How the Internet Grew from a Simple Idea By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - South Asia Continues to Recover After December Tsunami By Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Indonesian Navy sailors load aid f

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS -June 12, 2002: The Hudson River By Oliver Chanler VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. Today we tel

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS - Lower East Side Tenement Museum Recreates Life in New York City for Immigrants 100 Years Ago By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Gwen Outen. VO

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

EXPLORATIONS – The National Museum of Natural History By Marilyn Christiano Broadcast: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATI

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations