W: Are you through with your meal? M: Yes, we are. Could we have the check, please? W: Here is your check, 86 dollars in all. Can I take care of it here when you are ready? M: Do you accept checks? W: No, I'm sorry we don't. We accept credit cards a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how to correct other people's grammar. Dr. David asked about how he can correct other people's grammar without losing friends or sounding like a snob. A couple of people, whom I won't name, asked how to deal with b

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Broadcast: May 5, 2003 By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Each year more than two-million people die from diseases caused by drinking dirty water. That is the estimate of

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

Jessie J是一名英国女歌手,作词、曲人及音乐制作人,全名Jessie J Cornish;曾经帮Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Alicia Keys 和Christina Aguilera等歌手制作过歌曲。在2011年的英国年度新声评选中,

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

dirty business 肮脏业务(俚语) 英文释义 (SLANG) Any unethical business activity. 例句 A company that wants to keep a good reputationshould avoid anything that appears to be dirty business.企业要想保持良好声誉,就应该回避任

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 每日商务英语

Water Pollution 水污染 Can you see a curved fish? 你看到过畸形鱼吗? Curved fish live in dirty water. 畸形鱼生活在污水中。 Curved fish started to appear because of water pollution. 它们的出现是因为水污染。 How does w

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第6册

Hello,Good morning Lets go,lets ride, Hello,Good morning Hello,Good morning Know you 've been waiting for it 'Cause I seen you watching So lets go Lets get it popping Dirty money] Cause I 've been leaning on the bar Looking cleaner than the sta

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

unit 255 现金结账 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Delicious! The restaurant is fantastic. Thank you very much. A:真好吃!这家餐馆很不错。非常感谢。 B:My pleasure.(To the waiter) Bill, please. B:这是我的荣幸。(对服务生)

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(221) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

Baboon set off across the mud to the river and washed his hands. So Baboon set off across the mud and washed his hands again. When Baboon got back,Tortoise said,Your hands are all muddy again.Once more Tortoise sent Baboon to the river. The smell of

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语原版童书

Hilary went to Bree's house. Bree's older sister, Lia, stared at Hillary. Hilary was confused. Why did Lia look so mad? Lia whispered something to Bree. Bree nodded her head. Lia left the house. Bree told Hilary that her shoes were still on. Hilary w

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第5级听力-English Level 5

Her eyes lost their pleasure in seeing him, her face flooded with scarlet shame; she spread her hands over her ballooning apron as if they could hide what her clothes could not. Frank was shaking. The dirty old goat! Frank, I can't let you say things

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 荆棘鸟

Grammar Girl talks about the difficulties she encountered trying to use a spreadsheet to organize her upcoming book, and explains how paper solved the problem. There is no transcript for this video podcast. This show was not scripted. Please forgive

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

LESSON 62 A good example 第六十二课 一个好榜样 A poor boy once went to a ragged school, where his face was well washed. 一个贫穷的男孩在贫民儿童免费学校上学,在学校的时候把脸洗得很干净。 When he returned hom

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第二册

Ke$ha 打榜热歌:Take It Off Take It Off~~本周Billboard榜单第十名的电音魅力来自Ke$ha。这首单曲仍然出自今年1月的专辑Animal,其中已经诞生了诸如Your Love Is My Drug、Tik Tok、Blah Blah Blah等大热单曲。周

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Guest: Can I pay my bill here? 顾客:我可以在这里结账吗? Waiter: Yes.sir. 服务员:是的,先生。 Guest: How much is the charge? 顾客:多少钱呢? Waiter: Let meSee...it's $50. 服务员:我看看50美元。 Guest: Do yo

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

pay off 产生利益,出现好结果,偿还债务 Don't worry about me paying off your debt. 不要担心,我肯定会还你钱的。 I've paid off all my debt. 我已经还清了所有的债。 Sending that e-mail has finally paid off. 发送那

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Withdrawing money from ATM machines is a common habit for most of us. However, cleanliness tests in Britain have revealed that cash machines are just as dirty as public toilets, and many of us are failing to wash our hands after using them. 从自动提

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

You are special A well-know speaker started on his seminar by holding up a $20 bill in the room of 200. He asked,who would like this $20 bill.Hands started going up.He said,I'm going to give this $20 to one of you,but first,let me do this.He proceede

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

We should take this back to my place That's what she said right to my face 'Cause I want you bad, yeah, I want you, baby I've been thinking 'bout it all day And I hope you feel the same way, yeah 'Cause I want you bad, yeah, I want you, baby Slow, sl

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

中国控制吸烟协会发布了2014年度热播国产影视剧烟草镜头监测结果。电影《一步之遥》因吸烟镜头最多而获脏烟灰缸奖。 请看《中国日报》的报道: The Chinese Association on Tobacco Control announced

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇