李华和Larry一起去逛农贸市场。今天我们要学两个常用语:to eat one's words和like night and day。 LH: Larry, 我特别喜欢逛农贸市场。这些蔬菜水果都是咱们这儿的农民自己种的,又新鲜又营养。 L:

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

A: Hi. I need a wake-up call tomorrow. B: What time would you like your wake-up call? A: I need two calls, one at 7 and another at 7:15. B: That is no problem at all, of course. You'll get a call at 7:00, and another at 7:15. A: Then again, I think 7

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

Sometimes it takes adverse conditions for people to reach out to one another Sometimes it takes bad luck for people to understand their goals better Sometimes it takes a storm for people to appreciate the calm Sometimes it takes being hurt for people

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

1. Are you self-sabotaging? 1.你在虐待自己吗? Do you find that you beat yourself up every time your boss gives you feedback? Are you riddled with guilt when you have to pass on work because youre maxed out already? Do you feel like a failure

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Jeremy Lin is a Harvard graduate playing in the National Basketball Association. He is an Asian-American in a league devoid of them, which makes him doubly anomalous. No team drafted Lin in 2010. Two teams cut him in December, before the Knicks picke

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

Mixed martial art is now one of the fastest growing sports in the world. 综合格斗是现今世界上发展最迅速的体育运动之一 This UFC heavyweight title fight where Randy Couture famously lost his crown to Brock Lesnar 终极格斗重量级

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记

If I could write a letter to me And send it back in time to myself at 17 First I\'d prove it\'s me by saying look under your bed There\'s a Skoal can and a Playboy no one else would know you hid And then I\'d say I know it\'s tough When you break up

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

To: Adam ~ From: Tamara Dear Adam, Tonight I write of love to you. I know that in our course of 5 years we have been up and down and just about all around, but yet, through it all we still hold on - holding onto a dream that one day we will be happy

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

There are lots of different diets. On of them is called the low-carb diet. If you were on a low-carb diet you would eat... 节食方法有很多种,有一种叫做低碳水化合物饮食,若你就是这种情况,你会吃什么呢? a) less fish b) less pasta(意大利面条) c) les

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

In life, one step creates the next. Each day is of equal importance, no matter how good or bad. There is no moment in life that does not matter. Regardless of how insignificant, each choice, each day, each idea, is the birth of the next. Something si

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Darryl and Harold were in a mental institution. The place had an unusual annual contest, picking two of the bestpatients and giving them two questions. If they got them correct, they were deemed cured and free to go. Darryl was called into the doctor

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

I Am Ready to Love You/我已准备好爱你 Sometimes it takes adverse conditions 有时需要逆境 for people to reach out to one another 人们才能彼此靠近 Sometimes it takes bad luck 有时需要厄运 for people to understand their goals

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

盘点最动人的小情话 Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was choice, but falling in love with you was completely out of my control。 遇见你是命运,成为你的朋友是选择,爱上你却是完全不能由我控制的。 True

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

提到完全、彻底,你的脑海中是否只会闪现all、completely、entirely一类的单词?其实外国的小伙伴们还有更丰富的词汇,来表达他们强烈的语气呢~ 1. Every inch 不说all,你也可以用every inch(每一寸

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

1. catch someone's eye 引起某人的注意,吸引某人视线 = to be attractive to someone The shy man at the back of the class caught my eye. 教室后面的那个腼腆男人引起了我的注意。 2. to have a crush on someone 对异性有好感

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

To: Adam ~ From: Tamara Dear Adam, Tonight I write of love to you. I know that in our course of 5 years we have been up and down and just about all around, but yet, through it all we still hold on - holding onto a dream that one day we will be happy

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

写在前面的话: 1. 当你决定了要考GRE和准备出国这条路的时候,我希望你已经考虑清楚了。因为这条路注定难走,这段时间注定难熬。 Be a goddamn grown up man 2. 这几个月你会为此放弃很多事情:

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

The Wedding, March 18, 1991 婚礼,1991年3月18日 Powell's pregnancy did not completely settle the issue. 鲍威尔的怀孕并没有彻底解决这件事。 Jobs again began balking at the idea of marriage, 乔布斯又开始为结婚这个念头犹

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

一、基本用法 1. (表否定)没有,无,不需。如: The letter was posted without a stamp. 那封信没贴邮票就寄出去了。 We got there without any trouble. 我们到了那儿,一路上没遇到任何麻烦。 You'll get wet if

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

提到完全、彻底,你的脑海中是否只会闪现all、completely、entirely 一类的单词?其实外国的小伙伴们还有更丰富的词汇,来表达他们强烈的语气呢~ 1. Every inch 不说 all,你也可以用every inch(每一

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语